Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    You and I have different experiences. When I was in seventh grade, sexuality was most definitely "discussed" and quite often yelled. They didn't have sexuality when you were in seventh grade? No "school steady"? No dances? No dates? How about sixth grade when the precocious couple got serenaded with "Bobby and Jenny sitting in a tree... k i s s i n g"?
    That's not sexuality. That's juvenility, much like playing video games doesn't make one a programming expert.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubie View Post
    That's not sexuality. That's juvenility, much like playing video games doesn't make one a programming expert.
    Nova doesn't have actual sex, so he has little understanding of it.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by LukeEDay View Post
    I am here by dropping United Way from my charity fund.... Good-Bye, chumps.
    I dropped it long ago.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Wibbins View Post
    Dude, united way is a joke, I've read charity watch websites that say they only spend like fractions of a dollar for each donation to actual charities, the rest goes to "administrative costs".
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    I dropped united way 12 years ago, if conservatives want the boy scouts to remain conservative they will have to decide whether they choose to support them financially, he who pays makes the rules.
    Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    I dropped it long ago.
    I never heard of the charity watch sites? What is good one?

I only gave to them because of how they dispersed the money to several different groups. But them trying to force a group to do what they want is not something I am supporting. Especially if it is something that group is doing that I support.

I love my God, my country, my flag, and my troops ....

Dude, united way is a joke, I've read charity watch websites that say they only spend like fractions of a dollar for each donation to actual charities, the rest goes to "administrative costs".
    They always pressured a lot at work to contribute to United Way. I'd always designate the Boy Scouts, then that choice disappeared one year from the list. So I just refused to give, would return the envelope with no money and no authorization to deduct from my pay.

It doesn't take a sage to figure out that the Boy Scouts don't want openly gay scoutmasters. I'm sure most wouldn't bother the kids, but it's probably safer not to take a chance.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

GO CARDS -THERE IS ALWAYS NEXT YEAR
    GO ROYALS NOW

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    You and I have different experiences. When I was in seventh grade, sexuality was most definitely "discussed" and quite often yelled. They didn't have sexuality when you were in seventh grade? No "school steady"? No dances? No dates? How about sixth grade when the precocious couple got serenaded with "Bobby and Jenny sitting in a tree... k i s s i n g"?

It's amazing how different our experiences can be.
    Maybe our experiences were different, maybe not.
    But read the article. It said, ......."BSA does not proactively inquire about anyone's sexual orientation, and the policy is not meant to be a commentary on social issues. Most of our youth members are under the age of 12 and the majority of parents we serve do not believe Scouting is the right forum for same-sex attraction to be introduced."..............
    And that is as it should be. Singing songs about kissing is not my idea of sexuality.

As a moth to a flame, and a dog to it's vomit, any thread that mentions the BSA and queers gets you running, doesn't it, deviant?

It's amazing how different our experiences can be.
    Awwww, bless your little heart, that's just horrible! It's a damned shame how your choices ruined your childhood, isn't it?

I would point out to you that if you think that the state shouldn't permit same-sex marriage, then what exactly would you tell a 13 year old gay kid?
    Seek psychiatric help immediately.

So you see that it's people like you who erode the fabric of society, not the gay kid who just wants to be himself and have a good life.

Tell me, deviant, if acceptance of your sexual choices are such a cornerstone of civilized society, why aren't there more examples of such societies that have survived to the present day?

United Way ended up in hot water about 15 years ago due to high salaries for their CEOs...it appears that they are in the same boat again.

•Brian Gallagher is still President and CEO of United Way, and currently earns $1,037,140 a year, according to a December 2010 report from the American Institute of Philanthropy.
    http://urbanlegends.about.com/librar...s_salaries.htm

Quote Originally Posted by LukeEDay View Post
    I never heard of the charity watch sites? What is good one?

I only gave to them because of how they dispersed the money to several different groups. But them trying to force a group to do what they want is not something I am supporting. Especially if it is something that group is doing that I support.
    The last time I gave to them I could pick what county I wanted my funds to go to and what (if any) specific groups I wanted to include or exclude.

Now I just donate money to a couple local children charities that use 100% of the money for the kids.

Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    They always pressured a lot at work to contribute to United Way. I'd always designate the Boy Scouts, then that choice disappeared one year from the list. So I just refused to give, would return the envelope with no money and no authorization to deduct from my pay.

It doesn't take a sage to figure out that the Boy Scouts don't want openly gay scoutmasters. I'm sure most wouldn't bother the kids, but it's probably safer not to take a chance.
    I would always pick the children's groups also. Including child care for single parents that were working and trying to get off welfare.