Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RobJohnson View Post
    The last time I gave to them I could pick what county I wanted my funds to go to and what (if any) specific groups I wanted to include or exclude.

Now I just donate money to a couple local children charities that use 100% of the money for the kids.
    I am going to start doing that, myself. I am done with United Way.

I love my God, my country, my flag, and my troops ....

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Starbuck View Post
    Maybe our experiences were different, maybe not.
    But read the article. It said, ......."BSA does not proactively inquire about anyone's sexual orientation, and the policy is not meant to be a commentary on social issues. Most of our youth members are under the age of 12 and the majority of parents we serve do not believe Scouting is the right forum for same-sex attraction to be introduced."..............
    And that is as it should be. Singing songs about kissing is not my idea of sexuality.
    The BSA has since the beginning of this issue tried to portray themselves as protecting children and merely discriminating against gay (and by implication probably dangerous) adults (regardless of parental status), and have tended to dodge the issue of discriminating against gay scouts by basically pretending that they don't exist. The "does not proactively inquire" is simply another form of "don't ask, don't tell" but to a gay child it means the same thing it did to military personnel: If you find out that I am gay, you will harm me.

You no more have to "introduce" homosexual orientation than you do heterosexual orientation. Gay kids are coming out at younger and younger ages- mostly because they no longer expect and fear parental ignorance.

Singing songs about kissing is sexuality. It's not sexual activity, it's sexuality. Modeling heterosexuality (school dances with boy-girl couples, king and queen designations and such) is also begun at a quite early age. I first played a husband when I was in second grade. I'm sure I modeled heterosexual behavior before that, I certainly remember people (peers and adults) making stupid remarks about me and my friend Elizabeth when we were both small children. Imagine people saying "one day you'll fuck" to kids. They didn't say that of course, but to try to program us into seeing ourselves married in the future was inappropriate.

Quote Originally Posted by Wibbins View Post
    Dude, united way is a joke, I've read charity watch websites that say they only spend like fractions of a dollar for each donation to actual charities, the rest goes to "administrative costs".

You should always give directly to the cause you want to fund. The United Way pays their people lots of money and delivers little to the local charities. If you want to fund Boy Scouts, give the money to Boy Scouts, either locally or nationally.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    You should always give directly to the cause you want to fund. The United Way pays their people lots of money and delivers little to the local charities. If you want to fund Boy Scouts, give the money to Boy Scouts, either locally or nationally.
    Yep ... The ones on my list:

The Boy Scouts
    The Girl Scouts

My local school athletic department
    My local school arts (Music, chorus, theater) department
    The local food bank
    My local Salvation Army
    My local fire department
    My local humane society

Wounded warriors
    Fisher House
    Our Military Kids
    USO
    VFW
    American Legion

Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh
    Janet Weis Children's Hospital (Geisinger)
    American Cancer Society
    National MS Society

I also help support my church. But that is a given ..

I also sponsor a child through Compassion International.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    The BSA has since the beginning of this issue tried to portray themselves as protecting children and merely discriminating against gay (and by implication probably dangerous) adults (regardless of parental status), and have tended to dodge the issue of discriminating against gay scouts by basically pretending that they don't exist. The "does not proactively inquire" is simply another form of "don't ask, don't tell" but to a gay child it means the same thing it did to military personnel: If you find out that I am gay, you will harm me.

You no more have to "introduce" homosexual orientation than you do heterosexual orientation. Gay kids are coming out at younger and younger ages- mostly because they no longer expect and fear parental ignorance.

Singing songs about kissing is sexuality. It's not sexual activity, it's sexuality. Modeling heterosexuality (school dances with boy-girl couples, king and queen designations and such) is also begun at a quite early age. I first played a husband when I was in second grade. I'm sure I modeled heterosexual behavior before that, I certainly remember people (peers and adults) making stupid remarks about me and my friend Elizabeth when we were both small children. Imagine people saying "one day you'll fuck" to kids. They didn't say that of course, but to try to program us into seeing ourselves married in the future was inappropriate.
    You are a pathetic, attention whore, hyperbolic drama queen. Why is it everything has to be a "queer" thing with you deviants? Every single action has to have some type of horrific, dire, and diabolical motivation behind it and you are the sole victim in such a cruel world. What a bunch of self centered, childish trash. "Imagine" someone saying something they actually didn't say? Tell me, deviant, what separates you from the DUmbass that asked "what if everyone had a masters degree"? It's the same type of emotionally stunted bullshit that one expects from a pre pubescent child who refuse to live in reality.

"Modeling heterosexuality" is done because that is the way of nature. We don't teach children sexuality because, duh, they're children! Your point about gay "kids" coming out at younger ages is bullshit. Attaching some type of sexuality to the behavior of a child is tantamount to emotional and mental abuse. They don't have the capacity to rationally make these types of decisions because they're fucking brains are still developing and we (society) have a duty to teach them restraint and rational thought as opposed to encouraging deviant behavior. Utter stupidity and encouraging virtue through your genitals is no way to shape young children into rational, civilized adults. Your entire post, the pile of excrement that it is, is a clear example of why homosexuals should never be allowed near young children.

BTW, nova, there were queers in the armed forces long before your leper messiah forced them upon the civilized men and women who volunteer to protect the rights of everyone, not just a warped minority. I can tell you for a fact that they were there, we knew who they were, and we protected them. They performed their duties honorably, did not try and push their perversions on us, lived their private lives in private.

Then there were those who could not restrain themselves and would put their hands on others in living spaces, out in town, and in shower rooms. Guess what? Just like anyone else that commits sexual assault, they got their asses beat. It takes a very stupid man to put his hands on another man in a sexual manner, especially if that other man is trained to kill people and break things.

Take your fucking whining elsewhere, you're not getting near the children.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by wasp69 View Post
    You are a pathetic, attention whore, hyperbolic drama queen. Why is it everything has to be a "queer" thing with you deviants?
    It's the thread topic.

"Modeling heterosexuality" is done because that is the way of nature.
    Heterosexuality is the nature of heterosexuals.

They don't have the capacity to rationally make these types of decisions because they're fucking brains are still developing and we (society) have a duty to teach them restraint and rational thought as opposed to encouraging deviant behavior.
    What decisions? About sexual orientation? You ought to know better than that.

Utter stupidity and encouraging virtue through your genitals is no way to shape young children into rational, civilized adults.
    You are the one thinking with your genitals. Sex is secondary to sexual orientation regardless of whether you are talking about heterosexuals or homosexuals. Maybe we should call it "romantic orientation" so it won't keep confusing you and your genitals.

Your entire post, the pile of excrement that it is, is a clear example of why homosexuals should never be allowed near young children.
    I'm sure you were on the fence about that prior to my post.

BTW, nova, there were queers in the armed forces long before your leper messiah forced them upon the civilized men and women who volunteer to protect the rights of everyone, not just a warped minority.
    There are volunteers on the payroll of the Army? Do they not cash their checks?

I can tell you for a fact that they were there, we knew who they were, and we protected them.
    That's mighty white of you.

They performed their duties honorably, did not try and push their perversions on us, lived their private lives in private.

You mean as opposed to the heterosexual enlisted men with their pin-up girls and hula tattoos? That was probably just in old movies. I doubt any heterosexual male in the Army would discuss his romantic desires or brag about his sexual prowess.

Then there were those who could not restrain themselves and would put their hands on others in living spaces, out in town, and in shower rooms. Guess what? Just like anyone else that commits sexual assault, they got their asses beat.
    And this has to do with?

It takes a very stupid man to put his hands on another man in a sexual manner, especially if that other man is trained to kill people and break things. .
    You're boring me.....

Take your fucking whining elsewhere, you're not getting near the children.
    I found scouting so thoroughly boring that I dumped it early on. Perhaps it was being a rural youth that made scouting seem rather redundant, perhaps it was because after spending all day with a female school teacher I didn't want to spend the afternoon with somebody's mother making crafts in the cellar with "friends" not of my own choosing. Maybe if Cub Scouts hadn't been so tedious I would have enjoyed real scouting. Oh, and go fuck yourself and your nasty insinuations.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    It's the thread topic.
    Actually, the thread topic is about the United Way attempting to force their values upon another organization by denying the ability of individuals to contribute to the BSA through them.

Heterosexuality is the nature of heterosexuals.
    No, it's the nature of nature. Homosexuality flies in the very face of that nature and our design.

What decisions? About sexual orientation? You ought to know better than that.
    I ought to know better than that? Really? And who are you, deviant, to tell me that? I have children, that were created naturally, as was intended. My wife and I taught them civilized behavior and put the natural example of how to live their lives in front of them, I can proudly say they have not ended up as sexual deviants. I also know that young children do not have the capacity to rationalize such things and allowing them to lead with feelings instead of thought is a recipe to end up with a fucked up kid.

How about you, nova? Any children?

You are the one thinking with your genitals. Sex is secondary to sexual orientation regardless of whether you are talking about heterosexuals or homosexuals.
    Wasn't talking about sex, maybe you should reread and try to grasp the context.

Maybe we should call it "romantic orientation" so it won't keep confusing you and your genitals.
    Confusion in my genitals? I don't engage in homosexual activity, there is no confusion in my genitals or anywhere else.

There are volunteers on the payroll of the Army?
    Uh, yeah, every one of them. Guess what, nova? The Navy, Marine Corps, Air Force, and Coast Guard all have volunteers as well. Conscription ended almost 40 years ago.

Just think, all volunteers who stand the line in your place to give you the right to whine about how you fucked up your childhood.

You mean as opposed to the heterosexual enlisted men with their pin-up girls and hula tattoos? That was probably just in old movies.
    It was. There have been regulations in place that got rid of centerfolds and offensive tattoos for many years.

And this has to do with?
    Let's review, shall we?

Quote Originally Posted by you
    If you find out that I am gay, you will harm me.
    Quote Originally Posted by me
    Then there were those who could not restrain themselves and would put their hands on others in living spaces, out in town, and in shower rooms. Guess what? Just like anyone else that commits sexual assault, they got their asses beat.
    Does that clear it up? Or is being obtuse not an act with you?

I found scouting so thoroughly boring that I dumped it early on. Perhaps it was being a rural youth that made scouting seem rather redundant, perhaps it was because after spending all day with a female school teacher I didn't want to spend the afternoon with somebody's mother making crafts in the cellar with "friends" not of my own choosing. Maybe if Cub Scouts hadn't been so tedious I would have enjoyed real scouting.
    Perhaps. Or, if you weren't so self centered, you could have maybe made new friends with whom you could have gone into the regular BSA.

Oh, and go fuck yourself and your nasty insinuations.
    Noted. You're still not getting anywhere near the children, deviant.

Quote Originally Posted by LukeEDay View Post
    Yep ... The ones on my list:

The Boy Scouts
    The Girl Scouts

My local school athletic department
    My local school arts (Music, chorus, theater) department
    The local food bank
    My local Salvation Army
    My local fire department
    My local humane society

Wounded warriors
    Fisher House
    Our Military Kids
    USO
    VFW
    American Legion

Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh
    Janet Weis Children's Hospital (Geisinger)
    American Cancer Society
    National MS Society

I also help support my church. But that is a given ..

I also sponsor a child through Compassion International.
    That looks like a great list!

Quote Originally Posted by RobJohnson View Post
    That looks like a great list!
    I added 'The Ronald McDonald House' to it today.

Fabulous Poster
    Actually, the thread topic is about the United Way attempting to force their values upon another organization by denying the ability of individuals to contribute to the BSA through them.
    Does the United Way give money to another organization which you consider discriminatory while refusing to give money to the BSA for being discriminatory?