1. #1 Breakfast pancakes 
    These sound good for a leisurely Sunday morning breakfast. I think I'd throw some blueberries in the batter to make them taste even better.

Buckwheat Pancakes (Phase 2)

Description
    Buckwheat is often planted by beekeepers because the flower is very high in nectar. The popularity of buckwheat pancakes has declined since the 1950s, but there’s no reason not to try them today!

Makes 12 pancakes (3 pancakes per serving)

Ingredients
    1 cup buckwheat flour
    1 cup whole-wheat flour
    1 egg, beaten
    1 tablespoon baking powder
    2 cups water
    1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
    1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Instructions
    In a medium bowl, thoroughly combine the buckwheat flour, whole-wheat flour, egg, and baking powder, mixing until evenly blended. Add the water, applesauce, and vanilla extract, and stir until only small lumps remain.

Heat a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat. Working in batches, pour the batter into the pan and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until the bottom is browned. Turn and cook for 1 to 2 minutes longer, or until golden brown. Remove to a plate and keep warm. Repeat to make a total of 12 pancakes.

Nutritional information
    Per pancake:
    80 calories
    1 g fat (0 g sat)
    16 g carbohydrate
    3 g protein
    2 g fiber
    130 mg sodium
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

GO CARDS

I make regular Bisquick pancakes, but I add orange juice and cinnamon to the batter to liven it up... works great, and goes with most syrups.
    The problem in the next four years will be not just that the president of the United States serially does not tell the truth. Instead, the real crisis in our brave new relativist world will be that those who demonstrate that he is untruthful will themselves be accused of lying. - Victor Davis Hanson

Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    These sound good for a leisurely Sunday morning breakfast. I think I'd throw some blueberries in the batter to make them taste even better.

Buckwheat Pancakes (Phase 2)

Description
    Buckwheat is often planted by beekeepers because the flower is very high in nectar. The popularity of buckwheat pancakes has declined since the 1950s, but there’s no reason not to try them today!

Makes 12 pancakes (3 pancakes per serving)

Ingredients
    1 cup buckwheat flour
    1 cup whole-wheat flour
    1 egg, beaten
    1 tablespoon baking powder
    2 cups water
    1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
    1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Instructions
    In a medium bowl, thoroughly combine the buckwheat flour, whole-wheat flour, egg, and baking powder, mixing until evenly blended. Add the water, applesauce, and vanilla extract, and stir until only small lumps remain.

Heat a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat. Working in batches, pour the batter into the pan and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until the bottom is browned. Turn and cook for 1 to 2 minutes longer, or until golden brown. Remove to a plate and keep warm. Repeat to make a total of 12 pancakes.

Nutritional information
    Per pancake:
    80 calories
    1 g fat (0 g sat)
    16 g carbohydrate
    3 g protein
    2 g fiber
    130 mg sodium
    My anniversary is coming up so I might have to use this to make my wife's annual breakfast in bed. I love the idea of using applesauce as part of the liquid.
    We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it....

Quote Originally Posted by samurai View Post
    I make regular Bisquick pancakes, but I add orange juice and cinnamon to the batter to liven it up... works great, and goes with most syrups.
    Nice touch. I also do Bisquick, but I add a bit of vanilla and sugar. Best fruits to add to the batter are raspberries, strawberries and bananas, which caramelize nicely, but make sure that you use a nonstick spray, even on nonstick pans, as they do tend to leave a bit of residue that causes the next batch to stick.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

I use Bisquick too. I just add a touch of vanilla and plenty of bluberries or banannas. And in place of the milk it calls for in the mix I use 1 part juice from (squished) bluberries to 3 parts milk.
    http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd445/JansGraphix/ConsUndergrd-Sig2.jpg
    Liberalism is just communism sold by the drink.

A touch off topic but I add 2-3 T to scrambled eggs (for 6 eggs) when I'm beating them. Makes for a little bit of fluff in the eggs. I also bought some blueberry pancake mix and that was pretty good too.
    Good men sleep peaceably in their beds at night because
    rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Real superheroes don't wear capes. They wear dog tags.