Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1 Maple-Roasted Sweet Potatoes 
    Administrator SaintLouieWoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Sarasota Florida
    Posts
    40,877
    Maple-Roasted Sweet Potatoes

    Quick Info: Servings
    Contains Dairy
    Vegetarian
    GERD-Friendly
    Heart-Healthy
    Diabetes-Friendly


    Nutritional Info (Per serving): Calories: 96, Saturated Fat: 1g, Sodium: 118mg, Dietary Fiber: 2g, Total Fat: 2g, Carbs: 19g, Cholesterol: 5mg, Protein: 1g
    Carb Choices: 1.5


    Recipe Source:


    Prep Time: 10 mins
    Cook Time: 1 h 5 mins

    Total Time: 1 h 15 mins

    Ingredients

    • 2 1/2 pounds potato(es), sweet
    • 1/3 cup(s) maple syrup
    • 2 tablespoon butter
    • 1 tablespoon lemon juice
    • 1/2 teaspoon salt
    • pepper, black ground
    Preparation

    1. Preheat oven to 400°F.

    2. Arrange sweet potatoes in an even layer in a 9-by-13-inch glass baking dish. In small bowl, combine maple syrup, butter, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Pour the mixture over the sweet potatoes and toss to coat.

    3. Cover and bake the sweet potatoes for 15 minutes. Uncover, stir and cook, stirring every 15 minutes, until tender and starting to brown, 45 to 50 minutes more.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

    " To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

    "
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #2  
    PORCUS MAXIMUS Rockntractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    42,882
    Sounds like a good one, we eat sweet potatoes all winter, the deer have been eating a lot of the vines because of the drought, so I'm sure the crop will be less this year.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #3  
    SEAduced SuperMod Hawkgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    4,103
    Yum,

    I make my usual sweet potato(yam) casserole for Thanksgiving and usually just bake them all the other times and smear with butter. I'll have to try this one...We eats lots of sweet potatoes in this house.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #4  
    Senior Member Janice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Southern USA
    Posts
    2,809
    Mmmm... gotta try that one.
    http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd445/JansGraphix/ConsUndergrd-Sig2.jpg
    Liberalism is just communism sold by the drink.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #5  
    Administrator SaintLouieWoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Sarasota Florida
    Posts
    40,877
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl View Post
    Yum,

    I make my usual sweet potato(yam) casserole for Thanksgiving and usually just bake them all the other times and smear with butter. I'll have to try this one...We eats lots of sweet potatoes in this house.
    A woman who had been a pharmacist and now owns a place selling comfort shoes, physical therapy devices, health food supplements was telling how she makes sweet potatoes in a casserole and keeps them to nibble on for snacks. She was talking so fast about so many subjects that I'm planning to call her and get her exact recipe. It sounded really good. I'll post it after I get in touch with her.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

    " To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

    "
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #6  
    SEAduced SuperMod Hawkgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    4,103
    Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    A woman who had been a pharmacist and now owns a place selling comfort shoes, physical therapy devices, health food supplements was telling how she makes sweet potatoes in a casserole and keeps them to nibble on for snacks. She was talking so fast about so many subjects that I'm planning to call her and get her exact recipe. It sounded really good. I'll post it after I get in touch with her.
    I always make it the same way and it's a hit with the family. It's my own recipe.

    I bake the potatoes and then slice them and place them pretty tight in a glass 9x13 pan(Baking is better than boiling as it carmelizes them)
    I pour melted butter over them, brown sugar, cinnamon and walnuts. Then I add miniature marshmallows. I bake them again for about 15-20 minutes till the marshmallows brown and I let them cool for about 20-30 minutes before serving.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #7  
    Administrator SaintLouieWoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Sarasota Florida
    Posts
    40,877
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl View Post
    I always make it the same way and it's a hit with the family. It's my own recipe.

    I bake the potatoes and then slice them and place them pretty tight in a glass 9x13 pan(Baking is better than boiling as it carmelizes them)
    I pour melted butter over them, brown sugar, cinnamon and walnuts. Then I add miniature marshmallows. I bake them again for about 15-20 minutes till the marshmallows brown and I let them cool for about 20-30 minutes before serving.
    Sounds good. Do you think they'd be OK without the marshmallows? SR doesn't like them. This sounds like my mom's recipe from long ago, but I don't think she did the cinnamon. I might make them for me, because just remembered that SR doesn't like cinnamon either (I love it).
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

    " To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

    "
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #8  
    SEAduced SuperMod Hawkgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    4,103
    Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    Sounds good. Do you think they'd be OK without the marshmallows? SR doesn't like them. This sounds like my mom's recipe from long ago, but I don't think she did the cinnamon. I might make them for me, because just remembered that SR doesn't like cinnamon either (I love it).
    Sure, don't see why not, just add nuts.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •