1. #1 No More MDA Telethon 
    Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
    The booting of Jerry Lewis will not be televised.
    Lewis has been all but erased from the telethon’s memory. This year’s show, airing the Sunday night before Labor Day, has been further downsized, to just three hours .... It is no longer called a telethon, but simply an “entertainment special,” and there will be no tote board tallying the donations.

In the press announcement of the event, Jerry Lewis’s name is nowhere mentioned.

The story behind Lewis’s departure remains untold. But a few things have become clear in the year since the awkward public breakup. Jerry Lewis was dumped by the MDA, the charity he had been identified with since the 1950s. He’s still bitter about it. And the telethon is withering without him.[…]

The pain is not hard to discern. “This was a hurt man,” says Richard Belzer, the stand-up comic and Law and Order co-star, who has developed a close, almost father-son relationship with Lewis. Jerry’s goodbye appearance was scrapped after he and the charity could not agree on its format and length. Lewis wanted to do it live; the MDA floated several pre-taped options — “all insulting,” Belzer claims.

---------------

Kinda sad, in the end it will hurt the MDA more what ever this spat is about.
    Rest In Peace America
    July 4, 1776 - January 20, 2009

Why was he booted?

Lewis has been sick for a while. So him not doing it much longer was known. In the recent years, his appearance has been less and less air time. I would like to know why he was booted though? He did more for that org than anyone in history.

To this day, Lewis refuses to say why he started doing it. Either way, I won't be watching it anymore.

Edit: I just did some research and they dropped him last year. Hmmm ....

I love my God, my country, my flag, and my troops ....

Lewis has always been demanding and hard to deal with, even going back to the days of Martin & Lewis. In Jerry's words, "If you wanted to book Martin & Lewis, you had to see The Jew. That's me."

Being difficult when you are young and on top of the world is one thing. When you get older that same demanding demeanor simply makes you a pain in the ass. It doesn't mean that Lewis did not mean well. I'm sure he did. But his act was bound to be brought to a halt at some point.
    In others words, he is no George Burns...

Quote Originally Posted by Starbuck View Post
    Lewis has always been demanding and hard to deal with, even going back to the days of Martin & Lewis. In Jerry's words, "If you wanted to book Martin & Lewis, you had to see The Jew. That's me."

Being difficult when you are young and on top of the world is one thing. When you get older that same demanding demeanor simply makes you a pain in the ass. It doesn't mean that Lewis did not mean well. I'm sure he did. But his act was bound to be brought to a halt at some point.
    In others words, he is no George Burns...
    There are a lot of people in Hollywood who are hard to deal with. But with how successful Lewis made the MDA, I would think they would let him do whatever he wants.

I love my God, my country, my flag, and my troops ....

I always enjoyed the telethon even after it was downsized the first time locally.

In Illinois is was great to see the groups show up in person on live local TV presenting checks and jars of money in person that they raised.

Those with MDA will suffer the most. Very sad.