Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Report: Obama Adminstration to Iran: If Israel Attacks, We Won't Get Involved 

The Israeli newspaper Yediot Ahronot published a startling report Monday detailing a message it says was conveyed by the Obama administration – via two European countries – to Iranian officials. The request: if Israel decides to strike Iranian nuclear facilities, the U.S. will not support it and the Islamic Republic should refrain from retaliating on U.S. military installations in the Persian Gulf.

From the report by the well-connected diplomatic correspondent Shimon Schiffer [translated via hard copy by TheBlaze in Israel]:

The message that the U.S. conveyed to Iran via the most sensitive secret channels is unequivocal: if Israel attacks, we won’t stand behind her and we won’t be drawn into war.

In recent days, senior American administration officials turned to their Iranian counterparts via two countries in Europe which act as a back-channel during times of crisis. They made clear to the Iranians that the U.S. does not intend to be sucked into a campaign if Israel decides to strike unilaterally and without advance coordination [with the U.S.], and they said that they expect from Iran that it will not attack strategic American targets in the Persian Gulf. That means, among other things, Army bases, Navy ships and aircraft carriers sailing in the region.

Accompanying the article, the newspaper created a graphic map (pictured above) of various U.S. assets in the region including troops in Afghanistan, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia as well as U.S. vessels in the Gulf.

The secret contacts with the Iranians combined with a public statement last week by Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Gen. Martin Dempsey that he won’t be “complicit” in an Israeli attack is being interpreted in Israel as a message from the U.S. that the Jewish state is on its own in stopping Iran from obtaining a doomsday weapon with which to threaten the very existence of Israel. President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad and other Iranian leaders have articulated a desire to wipe Israel off the map.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/pape...-get-involved/
    Last edited by txradioguy; 09-03-2012 at 01:05 PM.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Captain Zero praised the Muslim Brootherhood and the Arab Spring, and is having a person of interest from the WTC bombing in 1993 speak at the DNC. So I think we already know who he sides with here.

I love my God, my country, my flag, and my troops ....

Ha! If Israel attacks then ex-President Obama will have no voice in the matter.

If the United States decides NOT to help our most important ally in the region, Obama will lose the election as you see every anti-Semite in the democrat party cheer the decision.

When Israel makes the decision, the men and women of the IDF knows that it is a one way ticket to Tehran if the US doesn't help. My God bless those in the IDF who will do what Obama hasn't the balls to do.

Gator must be very happy now, so happy he might vote for obama.
    We're from Philadelphia, We Fight- Chip Kelly

The Obama administration should be ashamed. But I'm sure it's not.
    Good men sleep peaceably in their beds at night because
    rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Real superheroes don't wear capes. They wear dog tags.

No way would the magic negro not help, well as long as its before the election, so if I was Israel I'd attack very soon.
    We're from Philadelphia, We Fight- Chip Kelly

Quote Originally Posted by Starbuck View Post
    Ha! If Israel attacks then ex-President Obama will have no voice in the matter.
    That was my immediate thought.

Note that Obama didn't say anything about not taking action against Israel in such a case.

Just sayin'...

Quote Originally Posted by Gina View Post
    The Obama administration should be ashamed. But I'm sure it's not.
    Since when have they ever showed shame? If Israel attacks and Obama follows up on his complicit message to Iran, I wonder if the American jewish voters will blindly follow party lines and vote for Obama? If so, the shame is on them. The dems always seem to keep their constituencies, whether they do anything for them or not.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

GO CARDS