1. #1 Lebanon smoking ban takes effect, sparking anger 
    A smoking ban in all closed public spaces, including coffee shops, restaurants and bars, went into force in Lebanon on Monday under new legislation that promises hefty fines for lawbreakers.

In a country considered a "smokers' paradise," the law took effect a year ago in airports, hospitals and schools, but took hold on a wider basis on Monday, also banning tobacco advertisements criticised for luring youths into the habit.

Smokers caught lighting up in a closed public space face a $90 penalty, while restaurant or cafe owners who turn a blind eye to offenders could be fined anything from $900 to $2,700.

The number of smokers in Lebanon is among the highest in the region and cancer-related illnesses directly linked to tobacco are rising at a rapid rate, health professionals say.

Read More>http://ca.news.yahoo.com/lebanon-smo...180347956.html

How sad, soon they will only be allowed to have sex with camels.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    A smoking ban in all closed public spaces, including coffee shops, restaurants and bars, went into force in Lebanon on Monday under new legislation that promises hefty fines for lawbreakers.

In a country considered a "smokers' paradise," the law took effect a year ago in airports, hospitals and schools, but took hold on a wider basis on Monday, also banning tobacco advertisements criticised for luring youths into the habit.

Smokers caught lighting up in a closed public space face a $90 penalty, while restaurant or cafe owners who turn a blind eye to offenders could be fined anything from $900 to $2,700.

The number of smokers in Lebanon is among the highest in the region and cancer-related illnesses directly linked to tobacco are rising at a rapid rate, health professionals say.

Read More>http://ca.news.yahoo.com/lebanon-smo...180347956.html

How sad, soon they will only be allowed to have sex with camels.
    As long as the camels are filtered. Safe sex, you know.

I detect Hezbollah's hand in this. Most Islamist movements try to crack down on anything that provides pleasure.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    As long as the camels are filtered. Safe sex, you know.

I detect Hezbollah's hand in this. Most Islamist movements try to crack down on anything that provides pleasure.
    Or it could be a legitimate concern for public health, or an effort to modernize.

After making the poor choice to accept a smoking room in a hotel in Californian, I seriously felt like going on Facebook and apologizing to everyone I had ever known. I accepted the room because it was close to the parking lot and I had a lot of stuff to carry in from the truck. That entire end of the building smelled awful. BY the time I settled down to go to sleep, I was convinced I would wake up ill. That smell got into everything including my CPAP machine. I took a shower in the morning and felt like I was bathing in eau d'old ashtray. Every feeling on the subject that I had, I had once accused someone else of being a pain for whining about.

There is no fanatic like a convert. It now annoys me that people walk with a cigarette on the Pinellas Trail, and I have to smell that. It annoys me that people who live in houses which back up to the trail pollute my bike ride with their chain smoking (one house in particular). It annoys me that staff and customers at the grocery store, stand right outside the front door and smoke (especially in the rain).

But it really annoys me that my mother, who has respiratory problems, gets gassed by smokers frequently while we're at the beach or fishing pier.

Oh, and one more thing. Did everyone here know that outboard engines (and waverunners) send a layer of gasoline fumes into the swimmers at the beach when you pass closely to the shoreline? How about some consideration?

RIYADH, Saudi Arabia -- Saudi Arabia has banned smoking in government offices and most public places, including restaurants, coffee shops, supermarkets and shopping malls.

The ban includes smoking of water-pipes, or shishas, and prohibits selling tobacco to those under the age of 18.

The official SPA news agency says Interior Minister Prince Ahmed bin Abdulaziz has ordered that a royal ban on smoking be implemented as of Monday. He is cited as saying that Islam urges the preservation of public health.

The ban is a significant step-up in the kingdom's anti-smoking campaign. Saudi Arabia banned smoking in its airports last year.

Saudi statistics say the country is the world's fourth largest importer of tobacco and that six million Saudis spend about 30 million Saudi riyals (about $8 million) a day on cigarettes.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1718619.html