1. #1 Happy Commie day! 
    Are all of our comrades having a nice labor day? I checked wells as usual and am making chicken stroganoff out of the left over chicken from last night.
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Are all of our comrades having a nice labor day? I checked wells as usual and am making chicken stroganoff out of the left over chicken from last night.
    Don't stroke it too often.

Quote Originally Posted by RobJohnson View Post
    Don't stroke it too often.
    It was very tasty!
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Are all of ourcomrades having a nice labor day? I checked wells as usual and am making chicken stroganoff out of the left over chicken from last night.
    Hey, Charlie Brown ...

Don't have any commie friends, or "radical" Dem friends for that matter, but do have some *fun* but still on the wrong track, Dem friends. Ha! ha! Poor things!

So ... have no idea at all if all our "comrades" are having a nice day or not!!! Are they EVER happy, huh? ...

As for me and Mr. ABC, we are retired and pooped out of our minds. We have so many "Good-bye" parties from our summer friends up here, you would not believe! We love it ... but it does us in!

All our friends that come up for the summer (mainly from Florida and Atlanta) are heading home tomorrow.

Am looking forward to resting my buns off tomorrow! Yeah!

As to your OP ... "Happy Commie Day" to you too, Rock! ...

~ ABC
    American By Choice ~ 1980

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ABC in Georgia View Post
    Hey, Charlie Brown ...

Don't have any commie friends, or "radical" Dem friends for that matter, but do have some *fun* but still on the wrong track, Dem friends. Ha! ha! Poor things!

So ... have no idea at all if all our "comrades" are having a nice day or not!!! Are they EVER happy, huh? ...

As for me and Mr. ABC, we are retired and pooped out of our minds. We have so many "Good-bye" parties from our summer friends up here, you would not believe! We love it ... but it does us in!

All our friends that come up for the summer (mainly from Florida and Atlanta) are heading home tomorrow.

Am looking forward to resting my buns off tomorrow! Yeah!

As to your OP ... "Happy Commie Day" to you too, Rock! ...

~ ABC

Not the attack of the Snow Birds!!!!! Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooo!!!!!
    May the FORCE be with you!

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    Not the attack of the Snow Birds!!!!! Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooo!!!!!
    Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! ...

No darlin', not really "snow birds." These folks are retired as are we, but they have not as yet, after staying up here, year after year in the heat of the summer, decided to stay.

Kid you not, the full time residents up here on the lake, are mainly from somewhere in Florida or from Atlanta. We have had firecrackers going off every day this weekend, from their kids and grandkids celebrating the last long weekend of the summer.

Ooh! Be happy, SR ... the ones from Florida, that we know at least, are all registered Repubs in their home state, and are voting for Romney!!!

Not all bad, huh? ...

As for actual snowbirds, you are on your own pumpkin! I well remember them coming to Florida, filling up our favorite restaurants, gabbing and taking up space in the middle of the aisles in Publix, taking up my usual parking spots everywhere I went ...

But ... and this is a big "but" ... can't say we weren't thankful for all their vacation dollars helping out our tax-base!

~ ABC
    American By Choice ~ 1980

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post

My town is going to get busy from the snow birds also.
    It's very good for the local economy!

My dad used to be a snowbird but this year he came home (in April) and said he sold his place in FL and is staying here. Whaddya know. I thought he'd sell the house here and stay there but he said summers are too hot. He's 85 so he can do whatever he wants.
    Good men sleep peaceably in their beds at night because
    rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Real superheroes don't wear capes. They wear dog tags.

Quote Originally Posted by Gina View Post
    My dad used to be a snowbird but this year he came home (in April) and said he sold his place in FL and is staying here. Whaddya know. I thought he'd sell the house here and stay there but he said summers are too hot. He's 85 so he can do whatever he wants.
    We've had people in our development (or subdivision as we say in the Midwest) moving back "home", wherever that might be. It seems the call of the grandkids gets really strong, also the need to be with old friends.

It's getting to be that time soon, when the streets indeed get more crowded and the great bargains in good restaurants disappear. Some of the businesses here have a really tough time during the summer. We'll have to factor in more drive time going to Mote Marine, as we have to drive through that tourist shopping mecca, St Armands, to get to the Aquarium. The Sarasota area has this quaint thing that you're not allowed to hit sauntering tourists who drift across the street, never hurrying, but expecting the cars to remain stopped for them. Sometimes there are so many touristas in the winter that it takes forever to get aound the roundabout.

It's weird getting used to this lifestyle, the constant ebb and flow of snowbirds.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"