Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Senior Member Unreconstructed Reb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    Noonwitch wasn't playing the race card.
    Sounded like it to me. Why did she have to say "poor and black"? She could have simply stated that his elitist status, regardless of color, was the reason that he wasn't investigated instead of playing the race game.
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that you won't need it until they try to take it away."---Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Taking to his Alec Baldwin Foundation Twitter account
    Is that foundation a tax-exempt organization?

If so, someone call the IRS.
    Be Not Afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by Unreconstructed Reb View Post
    Sounded like it to me. Why did she have to say "poor and black"? She could have simply stated that his elitist status, regardless of color, was the reason that he wasn't investigated instead of playing the race game.
    Maybe it was one of those 'kernal of truth' comments. She knows about CPS, maybe what she said is true, which would indicate that Michigan's CPS is more apt to investigate you if you're poor and black? Just a guess.
    Good men sleep peaceably in their beds at night because
    rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Real superheroes don't wear capes. They wear dog tags.

Truth be known, if Obama was white, he would be so far behind you could call the race today. While watching the 2016 movie, one guy said something very profound and that was if Obama was white, do you think that he would go from the Illinois state senate to the White House in 2 years?
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Truth be known, if Obama was white, he would be so far behind you could call the race today. While watching the 2016 movie, one guy said something very profound and that was if Obama was white, do you think that he would go from the Illinois state senate to the White House in 2 years?
    I realize that I am not typical, that in fact I am disinterested in a great deal of what happens more than 50 miles from salt water, but I confess that I didn't know who Jimmy Carter, Bill Clinton, and Al Gore were when their names were first mentioned presidentially. I first heard Al Gore's name from a waiter named Kelly, who looked like a prop for West Wing. He walked up to my bar and said, "I want to tell you a name, it's Al Gore, and he's going to be President of the United States."

So yes, I can believe that a white man could do what Obama has done. But, I don't think he could do it on the promise of being the first black president.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    I realize that I am not typical, that in fact I am disinterested in a great deal of what happens more than 50 miles from salt water, but I confess that I didn't know who Jimmy Carter, Bill Clinton, and Al Gore were when their names were first mentioned presidentially. I first heard Al Gore's name from a waiter named Kelly, who looked like a prop for West Wing. He walked up to my bar and said, "I want to tell you a name, it's Al Gore, and he's going to be President of the United States."

So yes, I can believe that a white man could do what Obama has done. But, I don't think he could do it on the promise of being the first black president.
    And as long as the disinterested and the stupid keep voting the chances for another charlatan to emerge out of nowhere, make vapid promises of utopia and get elected POTUS are very good.
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that you won't need it until they try to take it away."---Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote Originally Posted by Gina View Post
    Maybe it was one of those 'kernal of truth' comments. She knows about CPS, maybe what she said is true, which would indicate that Michigan's CPS is more apt to investigate you if you're poor and black? Just a guess.
    Sounds like Noonie and her employers need to have DOJ look at the disparity of their judgments.

Actually, it did happen. JFK was a first term senator with very little behind him in terms of experience when he announced that he was running. Since then, the Democrats have always picked the least exposed candidate for the nomination when there wasn't an incumbent or heir apparent (previous administration Veep) available. Look at the record:

1960: Kennedy - Charismatic first try at the nomination
    1964: Johnson - JFK's Veep
    1968: Humphrey - Johnson's Veep, second choice to RFK, who was the charismatic rookie
    1972: McGovern - First attempt at nomination
    1976: Carter - First attempt at nomination
    1980: Carter - incumbent
    1984: Mondale - Carter's Veep
    1988: Dukakis - First attempt at nomination
    1992: Clinton - First attempt at nomination
    1996: Clinton - Incumbent
    2000: Gore - Clinton's Veep
    2004: Kerry - First attempt at nomination
    2008: Obama - First attempt at nomination
    2012: Obama - Incumbent
    2016: If the pattern holes, it will be Biden as the nominee, although Hillary, as the Secretary of State, is also a plausible heir apparent.

So, it is possible for a charismatic rookie to go from obscurity to the nomination, but generally, the Democrats like a bit more of a resume behind their nominees. Carter and Clinton were governors, and Gore had a lot of time in the house and senate before his first run for the nomination. The real issue with Obama wasn't simply his obscurity, but his complete lack of any semblance of qualifications for the job and his use of the race card to attack anyone who questioned it. In that regard, Obama's race was a critical tool in getting the nomination. It was also the only way that he could beat the first woman with a real chance to get the nomination. In the identity politics sweepstakes, race beat gender this time.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

What a stupid, ignorant response. You are so full of yourself it isn't funny. So, because YOU never heard of these people then they couldn't possibly be anything. You are such an idiot and thank you for gleaning just what you wanted from my post. But since you're finished, allow me to retort. First, if you would kindly re-read what I posted, I said that no other politician in history has gone from being a simple state legislator to the presidency in such a short amount of time than Obama. No one. Does that speak of well of his abilities? Hardly. He was a manufactured candidate plain and simple not to mention that his dirty tactics got him in the Illinois and US senate in the first place. That said, the only reason he was so popular was that he can read well(he can't speak without a teleprompter) and that he was a charismatic black man. 2nd, Carter and Clinton were both governors before running for president so their political resumes were far and above more qualified than Obama. 3rd, and this goes to show you what hole you must be living in, Al Gore was the vice president 8 years running. So that gives him more credibility over someone who's only major recorded vote was to allow for post birth abortions. So with that, go back to where there is salt water and soak your head.

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    Sounds like Noonie and her employers need to have DOJ look at the disparity of their judgments.

Actually, it did happen. JFK was a first term senator with very little behind him in terms of experience when he announced that he was running. Since then, the Democrats have always picked the least exposed candidate for the nomination when there wasn't an incumbent or heir apparent (previous administration Veep) available. Look at the record:

1960: Kennedy - Charismatic first try at the nomination
    1964: Johnson - JFK's Veep
    1968: Humphrey - Johnson's Veep, second choice to RFK, who was the charismatic rookie
    1972: McGovern - First attempt at nomination
    1976: Carter - First attempt at nomination
    1980: Carter - incumbent
    1984: Mondale - Carter's Veep
    1988: Dukakis - First attempt at nomination
    1992: Clinton - First attempt at nomination
    1996: Clinton - Incumbent
    2000: Gore - Clinton's Veep
    2004: Kerry - First attempt at nomination
    2008: Obama - First attempt at nomination
    2012: Obama - Incumbent
    2016: If the pattern holes, it will be Biden as the nominee, although Hillary, as the Secretary of State, is also a plausible heir apparent.

So, it is possible for a charismatic rookie to go from obscurity to the nomination, but generally, the Democrats like a bit more of a resume behind their nominees. Carter and Clinton were governors, and Gore had a lot of time in the house and senate before his first run for the nomination. The real issue with Obama wasn't simply his obscurity, but his complete lack of any semblance of qualifications for the job and his use of the race card to attack anyone who questioned it. In that regard, Obama's race was a critical tool in getting the nomination. It was also the only way that he could beat the first woman with a real chance to get the nomination. In the identity politics sweepstakes, race beat gender this time.
    JFK was hardly obscure though. He was a war hero and his father had enormous power. Same with RFK. He was AG under his brother and running off of his brother's memory. Mondale was Carter's veep. Dukakis was a governor. LBJ and McGovern were also Senators. The point is, of all the past presidents since George Washington, there has been none with as little a resume as Obama.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    So with that, go back to where there is salt water and soak your head.
    And contaminate our precious salt water?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ