Thread: Moody Monday

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Moody Monday 
    Well, fall has fallen and you can feel it in the air.I actually turned my AC off last week and opened a few windows.

Do you start thinking of stews and soups and baking bread when the temperature drops? We made pear cakes this weekend and it just seemed right.

I found this quote and felt it was written for me!:)
    "The autumn always gets me badly, as it breaks into colours. I want to go south, where there is no autumn, where the cold doesn't crouch over one like a snow-leopard waiting to pounce." D.H. Lawrence, English author (1885-1930).

Resident Unliked Meanie Shannon's Avatar
    I'm so ready to pretend it's fall. The weather guy said we were going to have a low of 68 this week and I immediately started thinking of making stew.:p
    Loyalty Binds Me- Motto of Richard III

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by LibraryLady View Post
    Do you start thinking of stews and soups and baking bread when the temperature drops? We made pear cakes this weekend and it just seemed right.
    Definitely. Autumn and winter comfort food is what I do best. I made some chicken stock on Saturday, the first harbinger of autumn in our house. The smell is so good....
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

I made a pot of chicken noodle/vege soup last week..

Hung my Fall Flag up today

I turn the A/C off a few days ago

I love the fall though and don't want to go South :)

I really LOVE those gross candy corn/pumpkin candy things come this time of the year

Where the hell do you people live that you have turned off the AC already? I hate all of you.

Power CUer
    We haven't used A/C in over a month, except for maybe one day when it had to go back on. Shannon, did no one mention to you that Florida was a hot place to live - temperaturally speaking, of course - before you moved there?
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    We haven't used A/C in over a month, except for maybe one day when it had to go back on. Shannon, did no one mention to you that Florida was a hot place to live - temperaturally speaking, of course - before you moved there?
    Oh, shut it. I didn't have a choice.

I always loved Va. though. There were definitely 4 seasons.

Fall is the perfect season for casseroles and comfort foods like mac 'n' cheese. I am so ready for it. We've had a few lovely evenings but for the most part, I've had to keep the A/C on. But I don't think I'll need it for much longer. If I can crack my window open at night, paired with a fan, I'll be a happy girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    Where the hell do you people live that you have turned off the AC already? I hate all of you.
    I use a little fan, we are having a very cool month.

I need to make some homemade salami. It takes 4 days and makes the house reek but ummmmm it is so good!

We continue to have warm days and chilly nights. I need to watch the weather this week as the lows may dip below freezing.

TOTD: We have the various fall decorations out and we'll do more as time goes on. The mums are going crazy and looking very fallish so that and the trees turning signals fall to me. I make bread all the time but I make more stews, chili, pot roasts, and soup this time of year.

It won't really be fall until I've made the first batch of cookies, however. I only make cookie between September and April so it will probably happen pretty fast.