Thread: Acthung!

1. #1 Acthung! 
    After two ambulance rides, six nights and seven days at St Lukes and innumerable tests, x rays, bloodlettings and a TEE now I'm starting a four week stint at the rehab hospital for a 3/day IV antibiotic regimen.

It seems a bug with the family name pseudomonas has filed a claim in my bloodstream and it is a resistant little sucker. An inyerior sonogram indicates it may have taken root on one of my pacemaker wires. You do not want to know what the alternatives are. At any rate, eviction procedures have commenced.

I'll have my cell during the day some of the time but not anywhere near like I have had in the past. The easiest conversation will be through email.

This is NOT life threatening in any form, at least no more than driving down the freeway, so no worries mate. I'll be back out there working in the flower bed, watering the garden and doing some stuff in the shop as soon as the weather permits (107? fergit it!)
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    Live every day as if it were your last, because one of these days, it will be.

I knew something was wrong, get well soon!
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Saying some prayers for your quick recovery.

Went over the wall today about 3 pm, stopped by the Whataburger and came home to the dogs. 20 minutes later I was old news.

It's still good to be outta that 10 x 10

Quote Originally Posted by Retread View Post
    Went over the wall today about 3 pm, stopped by the Whataburger and came home to the dogs. 20 minutes later I was old news.

It's still good to be outta that 10 x 10
    Do you get to stay home now or do you have to go back?
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

The Infectious Disease Doc called today and told me that if I had no further symptoms don't bother him.

I'm to see my GP and Cardio in the next 10 days, take oral antibiotics for the next 30 and call it good.

I also found out today that doing laps around the building is not the same as running all over the house, Sore feet, sore arm (where they removed the pick tube) and sore calves. Bit it will all come back. What I need most is either a trip to the barber or a pony tail clip. Ma said she'll drive me to the barber if I'll buy her a fish dinner on Friday. Done!