Thread: Our local Democrats' recent tweet about people who reject the "climate change" b.s.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Our local Democrats' recent tweet about people who reject the "climate change" b.s. 
    Excellent question about how to stand strong behind #science esp. in terms of #ClimateChange in #education in the face of attacks by idiots
    Classy.

It's OK to believe in climate change. Just don't believe it's man made.
    Be Not Afraid.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubie View Post
    Classy.
    Global Warming was carefully crafted for mass appeal. A surprising number of people have never questioned it, and since people they respect also do not question it (or consider it a means justified by the end) then they are not open for challenge. Most of those people believe that to "stop Global Warming" is synonymous with environmentalism, and there is enough crossover to convince them of this.

Frankly, if a professor from Berkeley told me the Sun was hot, I would want a second opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    What he said^^^^^^^
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    Global Warming was carefully crafted for mass appeal. A surprising number of people have never questioned it, and since people they respect also do not question it (or consider it a means justified by the end) then they are not open for challenge. Most of those people believe that to "stop Global Warming" is synonymous with environmentalism, and there is enough crossover to convince them of this.

Frankly, if a professor from Berkeley told me the Sun was hot, I would want a second opinion.

And this fits in nicely with the meme that Conservatives hate science. I don't think anyone on this board has a problem with the facts behind changing global weather. Things happen in cycles. We do have a problem with mankind being the only source of this change and the doom & gloom predictions of global disaster if "we", meaning the ebil USA, doesn't "change". I guess the Eco/Planet nuts want us all to go back to the horse & buggy. Cripple the US, yep, that's fine. The rest of the world though can go right ahead as before cause even the Global Warming nuts know places like China would tell them to go fuck themselves.
    May the FORCE be with you!

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    I absolutely believe in climate change. The climate changes all the time. It always has and always will. Last year, we had hardly any snow all winter. The year before there were tons of snow. How does either one fit in with the "global warming" b.s.? If it were true, you'd think we'd get more of one or the other, but we don't. The data purported to prove global warming has been proven to be both complete bunk (e.g. weather stations being affected by urban growth) as well as manipulated (i.e. "hide the decline").

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubie View Post
    I absolutely believe in climate change. The climate changes all the time. It always has and always will. Last year, we had hardly any snow all winter. The year before there were tons of snow. How does either one fit in with the "global warming" b.s.? If it were true, you'd think we'd get more of one or the other, but we don't. The data purported to prove global warming has been proven to be both complete bunk (e.g. weather stations being affected by urban growth) as well as manipulated (i.e. "hide the decline").
    One thing I do know is that whatever you have to deal with, the high priests of Global Warming have anticipated it and have an explanation for why it's proof of rather than evidence against Global Warming.

It's rather like arguing the absurdity of Christianity with the Catholic Church: they have had 1500 years to make up excuses (more or less plausible depending upon the willingness you have to believe) for why the gaping holes in the science and logic of the Bible aren't evidence of its humanity rather than its divinity.

One thing I do know is that whatever you have to deal with, the high priests of Global Warming have anticipated it and have an explanation for why it's proof of rather than evidence against Global Warming.

It's rather like arguing the absurdity of Christianity with the Catholic Church: they have had 1500 years to make up excuses (more or less plausible depending upon the willingness you have to believe) for why the gaping holes in the science and logic of the Bible aren't evidence of its humanity rather than its divinity.
    You know...you were actually starting to sound like a rational thinking human being with that post until you took your gratuitous and uncalled for...and quite frankly unneeded shot at religion.

You know it IS ok to make a point here relative to a topic without getting a cheap shot in on one of your pet peeves.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

You have moments of lucidity followed by delusion, take your lithium.
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

Senior Member Unreconstructed Reb's Avatar
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that you won't need it until they try to take it away."---Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ