Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 25% of Hillary support going to McCain-Plain, a number Obama cannot hope to win with. 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Poll Stunner! McCain-Palin Close 34 Point Gap On Women’s Issues

To go from a 34 point deficit to a 2 point lead in the span of 2 months is incredible.

OK this is the biggest poll shocker I have seen since the Palin selection for VP:

Since picking Sarah Palin as his running mate, John McCain has obliterated what had been a 34-percentage-point deficit in a poll of likely women voters on the question of which candidate has a “better understanding of women and what is important” to them.

The two are now effectively tied, with McCain’s 44 to 42 percentage lead within the margin of error of the most recent poll conducted by pollsters Kellyanne Conway and Celinda Lake for Lifetime Television.

In Lifetime’s July poll, women preferred Barack Obama on the same question by nearly three-to-one— 52 to 18 percent.

Emphasis mine. To go from a 34 point deficit to a 2 point lead in the span of 2 months is incredible. I still think the national polls are out of whack because of the models they use to extrapolate the samples into a representation of the national picture. If the voter models are off, so are the bottom line numbers. I also doubt all polls that have a 40% Dem- 30% Rep distribution, it just isn’t going to happen this year. My bet is the end numbers will we be 33%-35% each - a basic tie in turnout.

25% of Hillary support going to McCain-Plain, a number Obama cannot hope to win with.

snip

And I think women are going to send a shock wave through the body politic for the next 16 years with Palin at the lead. Look at the numbers for Hillary supporters:

About one in four women who supported Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton in the primaries now said McCain and Palin have a better grasp of women’s needs than Obama and his running mate.

25% of Hillary supporters going to McCain-Plain, a number Obama cannot hope to win with. Women have their champion, and the more the elitist women try and smear Palin, the more your everday American women (and mothers) will rally to her side. You cannot smear Palin without the mud hitting average Americans and pissing them off.

http://strata-sphere.com/blog/index.php/archives/5980

A Lifetime:Television for Women poll?

That does it. Obama should just concede the election to McCain and get it over with. It's over.

Exclusive: McCain closes huge gap on key question for women
    By DAVID PAUL KUHN | 9/22/08 5:15 AM EDT
    Text Size:
    Since picking Sarah Palin as his running mate, John McCain has obliterated what had been a 34-percentage-point deficit in a poll of likely women voters on the question of which candidate has a “better understanding of women and what is important” to them.

The two are now effectively tied, with McCain's 44 to 42 percentage lead within the margin of error of the most recent poll conducted by pollsters Kellyanne Conway and Celinda Lake for Lifetime Television. In Lifetime's July poll, women preferred Barack Obama on the same question by nearly three-to-one— 52 to 18 percent.
    Celinda Lake
    President
    Celinda is one of the Democratic Party's leading political strategists, serving as tactician and senior advisor to the national party committees, dozens of Democratic incumbents and challengers at all levels of the electoral process. Lake and her firm are known for cutting edge research on issues including the economy, health care, the environment and education, and have worked for a number of institutions including the Democratic National Committee (DNC), the Democratic Governor's Association (DGA)

Resident Unliked Meanie Shannon's Avatar
    I think it's retarded that women would vote for a ticket just because there is a woman on it...but *snicker* just the same.:D
    Loyalty Binds Me- Motto of Richard III

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    I think it's retarded that women would vote for a ticket just because there is a woman on it...but *snicker* just the same.:D

Here's a hint: they're not.

Resident Unliked Meanie Shannon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by xavierob82 View Post
    Oh please. Of course there are women that will do that. Just like there are blacks that will vote for Obama because he is "black". Don't be daft.
    Loyalty Binds Me- Motto of Richard III

Dick Morris, as annoying as he can be, predicted that the over 40 female vote will select the next president. And as far as I can tell, McCain owns that vote because of his addition of Palin.:D

Oh please. Of course there are women that will do that. Just like there are blacks that will vote for Obama because he is "black". Don't be daft.
    I love the word "daft". :D

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by xavierob82 View Post
    Here's another hint :Your boy has just been screwed !

Goldwater
    I agree with Shannon's rare moment of clarity. :D