Thread: On Republicanism

1. #1 On Republicanism 
    "You see the pictures in the paper today of John Kerry windsurfing? He's at his home in Nantucket this week, doing his favorite thing, windsurfing. Even his hobby depends on which way the wind blows." óJay Leno

A first grade teacher explains to her class that she is a liberal Democrat. She asks her students to raise their hands if they were liberal Democrats too. Not really knowing what a liberal Democrat was, but wanting to be like their teacher, their hands flew up into the air. There was, however, one exception. A girl named Lucy had not gone along with the crowd. The teacher asks her why she has decided to be different. "Because I'm not a liberal Democrat." "Then," asks the teacher, "What are you?" ''Why I'm a proud conservative Republican," boasts the little girl. The teacher, a little perturbed and her face slightly red, asked Lucy why she was a conservative Republican. "Well, I was brought up to trust in myself instead of relying on an intrusive government to care for me and do all of my thinking. My Dad and Mom are conservative Republicans, and I am a conservative Republican too." The teacher, now angry, loudly says, "That's no reason! What if your Mom was a moron, and your dad was a moron. What would you be then?" She pauses, and lets out a smile. "Then," Lucy says, "I'd be a liberal Democrat."

A Democrat found a magic genie's lamp and rubbed it. The genie said, "I will grant you one wish." He said, "I wish I were smarter". So the genie made him a Republican.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.

Nice! However, I am no longer a Republican. Sorrry Mom (God rest your soul).

I am A CONSERVATIVE!

The Pubs, lost me awhile back... they don't care about the Constitution, our foundation, anymore than the Dems..it's power they seek
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

Quote Originally Posted by Apache View Post

I am A CONSERVATIVE!

The Pubs, lost me awhile back... they don't care about the Constitution, our foundation, anymore than the Dems..it's power they seek
    One more declarative that Conservative does not equal Republican. I'm with you.

I was raised a southern conservative Democrat. Think Carl Albert Then the party kept moving left and OK turned red along with a goodly portion of the rest of the south. But since Ronnie, the GOP is way too far away from me as well. So with other thoughts that I will keep to myself, I'm a party of one voting for ABO.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.

Quote Originally Posted by Apache View Post

I am A CONSERVATIVE!

So in other words, you're quite content with another 4 years of Obama.
    "Inequality is a false notion propagated by those who are made to feel guilty for what they have by those who are jealous for what they don't"-Former MTV Host Kennedy

So in other words, you're quite content with another 4 years of Obama.
    Umm...what? Complete non sequitur.

I am A CONSERVATIVE!
    This doesn't necessarily mean you don't vote Republican. I'm a conservative. That means that the Republican party at-large is too far left for my tastes. However, I'm enough of a realist that I'd vote for Bozo the Clown over Obama. The Republican party, imperfect though it is, is still almost always the only conservative horse in the race (at least with a chance to win.)

We've tried running our own candidate before. Didn't work so hot. The way forward is to turn the Republican party into a truly conservative organization, and we're having some success at it.

I too am conservative as opposed to republican. Actually christian first, American second and maybe republican third.. not sure.

But the GOP obviously takes their cues from the DNC and takes our votes for granted now... amongst other things. So I call myself an independent. Now how in the world anybody could make the jump to conclude that I would be ok with another 0bama term just because I dont prostrate myself before the chosen one of the GOP is a little beyond my pay grade. Romney wasnt on my list at all, let alone in the top ten. But my cat would make a better President than the current Marxist in thief. So I'll be voting for the Mittwitt in spite of his lack of conservative interests (except for our vote) and advisers (except for Ryan) or whatever. Kudos to him for standing up about the debacle in Libya. That said, I realize we are going to have to drag Romney across the finish line if he doesnt get real personal in his attacks on 0bamas character and ideology from here on out. Reagan didnt win landslides by becoming a "moderate" to appeal to the "independents", but explaining this concept to the GOP is a little like showing the cross to Dracula. Since Reagan, the only ones who disdain conservatives more than the GOP is the DNC and the media. Hence ... Romney. So its really an uphill battle any way you slice it.

I hope and I pray we throw 0bama out.. which means we get Romney by default. Thats when the next battle starts. I can hear it now ... "compassionate conservatism part II". Made me sick with Bush, but at least he didnt detest the American way of life.
    http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd445/JansGraphix/ConsUndergrd-Sig2.jpg
    Liberalism is just communism sold by the drink.