Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Romney says he would keep parts of Obama healthcare law 
    Romney says he would keep parts of Obama healthcare law

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney, who has called for scrapping President Barack Obama's 2010 U.S. healthcare law, said in remarks aired on Sunday that he likes key parts of "Obamacare" despite his party's loathing of it and wants to retain them.

Romney, who faces Obama in the November 6 election, has vowed throughout the campaign to repeal and replace the Obama healthcare law. But asked about the Obama healthcare law on NBC's "Meet the Press" program, Romney said, "Well, I'm not getting rid of all of healthcare reform." >>>

The law is Obama's signature domestic policy achievement. >>>

On the day the Supreme Court upheld the Obama law in June, Romney said the American people must vote the president out of office in order to "get rid of Obamacare." The law is the most sweeping overhaul since the 1960s of the unwieldy U.S. healthcare system.

Baltimoresun

----------------------------------------

Nobody is more stunningly accomplished at snatching defeat from the jaws of victory than the GOP. Nobody. They just cant seem to help themselves. Romney promised to repeal it -- now this. Was all that just lying for conservative support? Now he throws us under the bus for those precious moderates? Why couldnt he have just kept his trap shut?

0bama is so busy digging a deeper and deeper hole for himself and his party. We were just starting to see some light at the end of the tunnel. Does Romney feel obligated somehow to dig a hole too? Is this a contest between who can moderate us to hell in the most pleasant fashion? What is the the matter with these GOP types? We must stop this train, then go in the other direction. How the heck are we going to turn this nation around if all we are content on doing is gently applying the brakes?

Arent there any conservative advisers around this guy? Or is Ryan the Lone Ranger -- you know -- just for "show"? I know I have to vote for this guy... but it just makes me sick. What else is coming down the pike from the Rino-Brigade?
    http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd445/JansGraphix/ConsUndergrd-Sig2.jpg
    Liberalism is just communism sold by the drink.

He said that he is going to keep that things that people like; ie, no denial for previous conditions and such. I agree with that.

I love my God, my country, my flag, and my troops ....

Wow. I guess "free market" is just another term for the history books since big brother is renown for doing things so much better than the private sector.
    http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd445/JansGraphix/ConsUndergrd-Sig2.jpg
    Liberalism is just communism sold by the drink.

Some of the things sound good and moral and decent, like no denial for pre-existing conditions, but the reality is that insurance companies are businesses and why are they expected to do things that aren't cost effective just because it's about health? Maybe I'm one of the evil republicans but telling any company who they have to serve .. unconstitutional? Or against the free market?

Good men sleep peaceably in their beds at night because
    rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Real superheroes don't wear capes. They wear dog tags.

Quote Originally Posted by Janice View Post
    Wow. I guess "free market" is just another term for the history books since big brother is renown for doing things so much better than the private sector.
    You want an insurance company to deny someone coverage because the individual has a preexisting condition?

I am looking at it like this: The number one cause for bankruptcies in this country is Medical Bills. One of the main reasons why costs are so high is because of malpractice insurance (Doctors are afraid to get sued, so they send patients to get 100 tests for a hang nail). Trust me, I am a fierce capitalist; but I don't agree with insurance companies denying someone coverage because they are at risk.

My belief is that they should regulate the insurance companies, put a cap on how much you have to pay, and pass tort reform (Making it where the loser pays all costs). You will see premiums go down after that.

I love my God, my country, my flag, and my troops ....

Power CUer
    The popular stuff is also the expensive stuff.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by LukeEDay View Post
    You want an insurance company to deny someone coverage because the individual has a preexisting condition?

I am looking at it like this: The number one cause for bankruptcies in this country is Medical Bills. One of the main reasons why costs are so high is because of malpractice insurance (Doctors are afraid to get sued, so they send patients to get 100 tests for a hang nail). Trust me, I am a fierce capitalist; but I don't agree with insurance companies denying someone coverage because they are at risk.

My belief is that they should regulate the insurance companies, put a cap on how much you have to pay, and pass tort reform (Making it where the loser pays all costs). You will see premiums go down after that.

In a free market, there would be less emphasis on "insurance". Costs would be lower, and most would only have to cover catastrophic. Insurance companies are the middle man and part of the problem.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

qui recte argumentum

Quote Originally Posted by Janice View Post
    Nobody is more stunningly accomplished at snatching defeat from the jaws of victory than the GOP. Nobody. They just cant seem to help themselves. Romney promised to repeal it -- now this. Was all that just lying for conservative support? Now he throws us under the bus for those precious moderates? Why couldnt he have just kept his trap shut?
    This is not something new. He has said all along that he intends to repeal Obamacare and replace it, keeping some parts that people like.

Whether you agree with doing that or not, he has not changed his position on this.
    Olde-style, states' rights conservative. Ask if this concept confuses you.

Quote Originally Posted by Molon Labe View Post
    In a free market, there would be less emphasis on "insurance". Costs would be lower, and most would only have to cover catastrophic. Insurance companies are the middle man and part of the problem.
    Insurance and lawsuits are the #1 problem responsible for most of the cost, I don't know constitutionally how you could get insurance companies out but you could pass laws to limit legal liability.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg