Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Quote Originally Posted by TVDOC View Post
    More fodder......

doc
    Seems like it's more straw for your strawman. I've said repeatedly that I am completely against government picking winners and losers in technology. I also said that only the free market will ever tell us whether a technology is economically viable. It's just that technology is constantly improving, and paradigms are constantly shifting so I wouldn't write off electric cars as "never going to happen." They will happen if/when the free market determines the conditions are right.

So for someone who claims a lot of credentials, I really am wondering whether you like being obtuse, like to argue, or invent strawmen arguments because fallacious internet debates are fun. Because what is this quote fodder for, exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by m00 View Post
    I see you are in full-on stalker/cheerleader mode.
    Is the entire world fucked up but you m00?
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

I see you are in full-on stalker/cheerleader mode.
    I see you are a bit of a hyper sensitive bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Is the entire world fucked up but you m00?
    No, at least not the people I've met in the places I've been. But a good chunk of the Internet is. Could you imagine drinking a beer and debating a regular at a bar, and some random acquaintance walks up and starts shouting "pwned" in your face, and patting your debate partner in the back? And then you later are in a debate with a different regular, and the same guy comes up and does the same thing? This happens on Internet message boards. People tend to be a lot less civil, and are more prone to behaving in bad faith and/or deliberately putting words in other peoples' mouths. In my opinion. I don't know how people behave where you live.

For example:

Quote Originally Posted by wasp69 View Post
    I see you are a bit of a hyper sensitive bitch.

No, at least not the people I've met in the places I've been. But a good chunk of the Internet is. Could you imagine drinking a beer and debating a regular at a bar, and some random acquaintance walks up and starts shouting "pwned" in your face, and patting your debate partner in the back? And then you later are in a debate with a different regular, and the same guy comes up and does the same thing?
    Awww, I'm so sorry, princess. Let me amend my last statement: You are a bit of a hyper sensitive, whiny bitch.

Just because your personal ignorance knows no limit in multiple topics/disciplines does not mean that other posters are not allowed to point it out.

No, at least not the people I've met in the places I've been. But a good chunk of the Internet is. Could you imagine drinking a beer and debating a regular at a bar, and some random acquaintance walks up and starts shouting "pwned" in your face, and patting your debate partner in the back? And then you later are in a debate with a different regular, and the same guy comes up and does the same thing? This happens on Internet message boards. People tend to be a lot less civil, and are more prone to behaving in bad faith and/or deliberately putting words in other peoples' mouths. In my opinion. I don't know how people behave where you live.

For example:
    Actually, now that I see it written out like that, it sounds kinda fun.
    Olde-style, states' rights conservative. Ask if this concept confuses you.