Thread: RG III

1. #1 RG III 
    So.....what'dya think for a first impression?

16-23. 320 YDS, 2 TDS.....no Picks.

In a hostile environment on the road.

I like the future.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

While impressive and while I've said that I think he's better than Andrew Luck, we're going to have to wait and see. NO's defense was severely decimated by not having Vilma on the field not to mention the turmoil the team is going through with the bounty thing. That said, RGIII looked damned good and has me kicking myself for not playing Garcon.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    While impressive and while I've said that I think he's better than Andrew Luck, we're going to have to wait and see. NO's defense was severely decimated by not having Vilma on the field not to mention the turmoil the team is going through with the bounty thing. That said, RGIII looked damned good and has me kicking myself for not playing Garcon.

Yes it was the Saint's D, and I know he'll be more tested as the weeks go by, but I think the things to get excited about are his poise, arm strength and just plain football smarts. I heard Tony Dungee compare his ability to roll left then throw across the field to the right as "Elway like". Time will tell I guess, but he didn't look like a rookie.

I'm sure someone will make him look like one soon enough though.

Cool stat:

Only Fran Tarkenton in 1961 had a better day as a rookie. 250 yds, 4 TDS, and no Picks. Passer Rating of 148. I think,
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

4. #4 You've heard of Tebowing? 
    Gettin' geared up to be Griffining.

Not bad for a kid that only played 2 yrs of HS football. Then decimating a dozen or so records while playing at Baylor . All while having to sit out a yr with an Injury.
    The 21st century. The age of Smart phones and Stupid people.

It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

Looks like they are going to have to figure out how to use his legs without putting his noggin' in the line of fire. mild concussion. Aikman retired from having too many and this is only Griffin's first year.

Quote Originally Posted by Molon Labe View Post
    Looks like they are going to have to figure out how to use his legs without putting his noggin' in the line of fire. mild concussion. Aikman retired from having too many and this is only Griffin's first year.
    As a QB running or passing you going to take a hit every now and again. QB's should always be covered to the best of the offenses ability but if to much consideration is put to covering the QB it's no longer the QB's game but the Receivers.

I don't follow football all that much anymore but I always thought QB's given to much credit for victories or too much blame for loses.
    The 21st century. The age of Smart phones and Stupid people.

It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Molon Labe View Post
    So did Steve Young.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.