Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Jerry "The King" Lawler collapses during 'Monday Night Raw,' taken to hospital 
    Jerry Lawler collapses during 'Monday Night Raw,' taken to hospital
    September 10, 2012, 9:50 p.m.

Jerry "The King" Lawler, a commentator on WWE's "Monday Night Raw" television show, collapsed during tonight's live telecast and has been rushed to a Montreal hospital. In the world of pro wrestling, which tries to blur the line between real life and entertainment, this is all too real.

Lawler had stopped breathing and was given CPR at the arena. He collapsed during a match between the team of Daniel Bryan and Kane vs. The Prime Time Players, during which most people in the stands could be seen watching the commentator area (which is off camera during matches) instead of the match.

Broadcast partner Michael Cole later gave an update, saying Lawler collapsed during the match and was immediately tended to by ringside doctors, who began performing CPR.

Lawler, 62, had competed in a match earlier in the evening, teaming with Randy Orton against CM Punk and Dolph Ziggler. He appeared in an on-camera segment just before collapsing and seemed fine.

An obviously emotional Cole gave updates on Lawler throughout the rest of the show. The final update was that Lawler was breathing on his own, was reacting to stimuli but was in isolated ER and awaiting further tests.

(Update at 9:49 p.m.: It is believed Lawler suffered a stroke.)
    LINK

Wow....prayers to The King and his family for a speedy recovery. They stopped comentating on the matches after this happened which was very wierd but understandable. Thank god the WWE has doctors ringside or this could have been much worse.
    Last edited by Zathras; 09-11-2012 at 09:15 AM.
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

My prayers are going out to Jerry. I always liked him.

I love my God, my country, my flag, and my troops ....

Last report he's in critical but stable condition. I was watching at work and left when he and Orton were beating up a couple of young guys. When I got home, I heard about the incident. some thought it was a work but they said Cole was visibly upset. That doesn't happen unless it's real. Yes these guys are "actors" but no one can act that well.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Cole said on air that a lot of what they do is fake (Vince McMahon told me, when I met him, that he refers to it as 'Theatrical Athleticism'), but what was happening with Jerry was not fake.

Recent reports are that he might have suffered brain damage. If that is the case, he will probably not be returning.

My thoughts and prayers are with him ..

Update on The King. Early this week he got back home to Memphis and is going well so far.
    Liberals are proof that evolution is only a theory. Nothing that stupid could evolve past a monkey.

Quote Originally Posted by jediab View Post
    Update on The King. Early this week he got back home to Memphis and is going well so far.
    There is a video somewhere of Lawler saying thank you to those who sent him well wishes and in it he looked great. There is also a photo of him in his hospital bed eating a steak:

One of the greatest moments in wrestling. Pure genius was Lawler and Kauffman on this stunt

Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

The video of Jerry thanking the fans was on tout. You can view it by going to the WWE.com website. He is home now, and is going to be on Raw this Monday. When Cole announced that this week, you could tell how genuinely happy he was. I thought he was going to cry from being so happy. It should be good this week.

I was really happy to see Good 'Ol Jr. again this week. I hope he comes back more.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    There is a video somewhere of Lawler saying thank you to those who sent him well wishes and in it he looked great. There is also a photo of him in his hospital bed eating a steak:
    Damn, no wonder people think medical care in Canada is great....they serve steak dinners.
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

Quote Originally Posted by Molon Labe View Post
    One of the greatest moments in wrestling. Pure genius was Lawler and Kauffman on this stunt

I always thought Kaufman was an idiot but you're right. The entire storyline was pure genius. Even when Kaufman enlisted Lawler to help with his new feud with Jimmy Hart then turning on him was great. Kaufman, even though he didn't have near the physique to be a wrestler knew how to play the heel.