Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    I just really, really wanted to say that.:D Y'all can discuss if you like.
    All politics aside, I wish him and his family the best. I wouldn't wish his illness on anyone.

BSR
    I got kicked around by people on NU for making a "liberalism is a mental disease" joke at Teddy's expense. Wont be returning there anytime soon.

I don't wish cancer on anyone. I am truly sorry for Ted and his family, but that doesn't change the way I feel about Ted Kennedy. The way I feel about a pefson who is alive and in good health is the same way I'll feel about that person once they die or become ill. I'll pray for them and their family, but that's as far as it'll go.

I see this all the time on a local level. A person will die in a tragic accident, and all of a sudden everyone was their friend. If I don't like you when you're alive, I'm not gonna pretend to like you when you die. Ron Paul, that is not being a hypocrit.
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    Damn. You found us.
    :D Yes, Ms. Stone - I did.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Vegas View Post
    I got kicked around by people on NU for making a "liberalism is a mental disease" joke at Teddy's expense. Wont be returning there anytime soon.

J.T.?

NU seems happy to have CUers leave. SDJ put up a snide remark

BSR
    Quote Originally Posted by LibraryLady View Post
    J.T.?

NU seems happy to have CUers leave. SDJ put up a snide remark
    yeah, that was me.

They hunt the new people like a pack of wolves.

gator
    Quote Originally Posted by LogansPapa View Post
    So you’re saying that it wouldn’t be more honorable, more human, to let the man pass in peace. Better to hound him into the grave - just because you can? Sorry, I find that rather low.
    The sonofabitch supports the killing of American children on demand. Anybody that justifies the killing of children does not deserve any peace.

Quote Originally Posted by gator View Post
    The sonofabitch supports the killing of American children on demand. Anybody that justifies the killing of children does not deserve any peace. You and him can both kiss my redneck ass.

fixed. Now CU is back online.:D
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Teddie's fate at the pearly gates is one I am glad I don't have to defend. I hope he is spending this time well and wisely, in prayer.

Has he stayed in power because he craves power? Or is he truly a person deeply committed to serving the public? Or a bit of both. I have no idea. I do think his family believes they all ***t ice cream. There was a Kennedy entitlement back there that was untouchable. The Kennedy "curse" was just natural law catching up with folks who thought they would never die. But they die just like the rest of us do. And they will each have to answer for their lives, just as (I personally believe) we all will have to.

Quote Originally Posted by LogansPapa View Post
    So you’re saying that it wouldn’t be more honorable, more human, to let the man pass in peace. Better to hound him into the grave - just because you can? Sorry, I find that rather low.
    God help us when LogansPapa is the voice of reason (although if Teddy were Jewish, I suspect that LP would be singing a different tune).

I detest Teddy Kennedy as a politician and, based on everything that I've read about him personally, as a man, but I don't want to descend to the level of the DUmp by being unable to feel compassion for a political adversary when he is laid low. I won't be mourning his passing, but I'm not going to dance on his grave, either. His next few months will be extremely ugly for him and his family. Let's demonstrate the decency that the DUmmies are incapable of and at least wish them the best in a bad situation.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!