Thread: Ted Kennedy is a vile POS

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    As for the rest of Teddy's character, I recommend The Senator, which was written by his former chief of staff. It's a memoir of ten years spent working for Kennedy and chronicles some truly repulsive conduct.
    Why would that book have any more validity than Scotts?
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Not entirely correct. Kennedy pleaded guilty to leaving the scene of an accident, after causing injury. He was sentenced two months in jail, suspended. He also lost his license for one year. This constituted the mildest possible slap on the wrist by a state government that was all but a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Kennedy family.

As for the rest of Teddy's character, I recommend The Senator, which was written by his former chief of staff. It's a memoir of ten years spent working for Kennedy and chronicles some truly repulsive conduct.

BTW, OJ wasn't convicted of anything. In the eyes of the law, he's not a murderer. In the eyes of anyone whose optic nerves are connected to their brains, he is. Poor prosecution doesn't free the rest of us from having to make moral judgements.
    Perhaps You forgot that at the time of the accident Kennedys mass. licence to drive had been expired for several months .

Driving with an expired license is a crime in most states especially where a death has occured.The Massachusetts Registrar of motor Vehicles personally typed one in his office and hand delivered it to Kennedy thus aiding and abetting a felon !

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    I'm in love!:p
    You can't be she's a girl !

Quote Originally Posted by LogansPapa View Post
    Why would that book have any more validity than Scotts?
    Read the book and make up your own mind.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Read the book and make up your own mind.
    The kid who wrote it was an unpaid college summer staffer in Kennedys Washington group who came back the next year to work for them again.

The first year they put him in the mail room opening and reading any letters to Kennedy that were from the 'little people'. He describes some of the mail as death threats and was instructed to forward those to a special bag they sent to the FBI .They would receive packages with dead rats and other little stinkey bodies that Kennedys 'fans' would send him .

The second year he was better known to the staff so they used him as a gopher and one night he had to drive Kennedy to National Airport at the last minute.

Kennedy was always late for the suttle to Boston and the kid was instructed to drive through red lights and over sidewalks to make the flight.The DC cops knew Kennedys car and never stopped it.

The following year he became Kennedys Jack of all trades and driver.He describes in the book Kennedys drinking and meetings where he was to make sure Joan Kennedy never left her bedroom while Kennedy entertained political critters at the house.She was at that time far gone into alcholism and drank at all hours and was a constand source of embarrasment to the family when they had guests .

The kid describes a party with a private dancer amoung a number of Kennedys political DC hacks and
    where they were all over the dancer when they were all drunk, Kennedy and the dancer 'got it on' in the next room while his wife was right next door.When the kid published the book Kennedys agents threatened legal action and even tried to buy the kid off

"The Senator, which was written by his former chief of staff. "
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

"The Senator, which was written by his former chief of staff. "
    Sure doesn't sound like his chief of staff to me.More like his butler .

Plot Summary of The Senator: My Ten Years With Ted Kennedy

" In the 1970s, an idealistic Georgetown student named Richard Burke went to work for his political hero, Senator Edward M. Kennedy of Massachusetts. Richard Burke shared Senator Kennedy's dream of a better America, but together the two men would have a falling out, a young man led into the fast lane by a hero who was crumbling before his very eyes. Richard Burke came to know Ted Kennedy better than anyone outside the Kennedy clan itself. He was a witness to all of the private excess which the media could only guess at.

Ted Kennedy is a complicated, and often contradictory man. A family man who saw his son through the ordeal of cancer, and then snorted cocaine with his three kids, at least according to Richard Burke. Also, Ted Kennedy's numerous affairs supposedly include the seduction of a 17-year-old intern.

Ted Kennedy was also one of the most respected members of congress, but he used his Washington office as a drop-off for his personal drug supply. Richard Burke saw it all, he was a willing participant in Ted Kennedy's adventures, he openly admits his own participation. Burke loved life in fast lane, the women, the drugs, and the special privileges, but he managed to escape before burning out completely."
    Nathaniel Ford, Resident Scholar

Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    Sure doesn't sound like his chief of staff to me.More like his butler .
    He was a lot more than that. The NY Times refered to Burke as a "top aide to Mr. Kennedy." It's been several years since I read the book, and I remember that he had managerial responsibilities. I'll pull it off of the shelf tonight and confirm his title.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

So, ĎThe Olí Grey Ladyí isnít worth a damn as a source the other 364 days a year, but when this story runs itís gold? Interesting.

So, ĎThe Olí Grey Ladyí isnít worth a damn as a source the other 364 days a year, but when this story runs itís gold? Interesting.
    You are very much like the Apostle Thomas .Unless I put my finger into his side I will not believe !

If the author were to testify face to face with you and show pictures of Kennedy in action even then you would call them forgerys !A liberal to the bitter end of the rope !