Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    You are very much like the Apostle Thomas .Unless I put my finger into his side I will not believe !

If the author were to testify face to face with you and show pictures of Kennedy in action even then you would call them forgerys !A liberal to the bitter end of the rope !

;)Very good - but not my point. I believe I was addressing why Scott's claims were rejected, out-of-hand, instantly?
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by LogansPapa View Post
    ;)Very good - but not my point. I believe I was addressing why Scott's claims were rejected, out-of-hand, instantly?
    You are out of touch.Scott didn't write the book his publisher did and he is an all time liberal operator funded by George Soros .

"An English professor at Dartmouth used to say, "I don't really know what I think until I write it." He was referring to the fact that thoughts crystallize when subjected to the rigors of the English language and its rules of usage and grammar. And he was paying homage to the magic of the lonely, and in his mind sacred, encounter between author and (in those days) paper.

Scott McClellan seems to be relying on the same point. He claims that he did not set out to write a memoir sharply critical of the administration but that in the process of actually writing the book, the scales dropped from eyes. This would explain, I suppose, why McClellan's book so flatly contradicts many of his public (and to colleagues, private) pronouncements. He never really knew what he thought until he wrote it.

There are a few problems with this defense, however. First. my English professor wasn't making the absurd claim that facts change when you write them. Second, McClellan's book is not the product of a lonely encounter with his keyboard; he had help. The help came from, among others, Peter Osnos, a former Washington Post writer. Osnos is the head of the liberal publishing company that published McClellan's book. It is he who helped transform McClellan's early concept -- a "not very interesting , typical press secretary book" -- into a vitriolic attack on the Bush White House.

Osnos denies that he ghost-wrote or heavily edited McClellan's book. However, he does take credit for making sure that the book "pass[ed] our test for independence, integrity, and candor.""

The question then becomes, what would that test look like as applied by Osnos. Here, we encounter the fact that, according to Brett Baker of Newsbusters, Osnos' publishing house is affiliated with the far-left The Nation magazine and is the publisher of books by George Soros. It also published The Prosecution of George W. Bush for Murder. Since that book apparently passed Osnos' test for integrity and candor, one can infer that McClellan's original account of his time in the Bush administration did not, and that a major shift in tone and content was required of him before the book could see the light of day. In this regard, Osnos admits to having worked very closely with McClellan and the book's official editor, Lisa Kaufman.

Peter Osnos is the Founder and Editor-at-Large of PublicAffairs books. Previously, he was Publisher of Random House's Times Books Division from 1991 to 1996 and before that was a Vice President and Associate Publisher of the Random House imprint. Authors he has worked with include President Bill Clinton, former President Jimmy Carter, Rosalyn Carter, Nancy Reagan, former Speaker of the House Tip O'Neill, Boris Yeltsin, Paul Volcker, Kareem Abdul Jabbar, Donald Trump, Clark Clifford, Sam Donaldson, Morley Safer, Peggy Noonan, Molly Ivins, Stanley Karnow, Jim Lehrer, William Novak, Vassily Aksyonov, and journalists from The New York Times, The Washington Post, The Los Angeles Times, Newsweek, and The Economist.

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives2/print/020639.php

The original book was a denounciation of the Media but his publisher convinced him it wouldn't produce as much money as an expose of the Bush Administration.Scott sold his soul for for a few hundred thousand more

So, ĎThe Olí Grey Ladyí isnít worth a damn as a source the other 364 days a year, but when this story runs itís gold? Interesting.
    It is generally worthless, but if they identify someone who attacked one of their cherished icons as a "top aide" rather than as a minor staffer or gofer, you can be sure that he had some standing in the staff.

As for the discussion of McClellan's book, I'll defer to Megimoo.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

So itís all just a fabrication, not by McClellan - but by the hand of someone with a true axe to grind? Interesting. So when Powell has the class to wait until the current president is out of office and writes his perspective of what kind of impressions the White Houseís tire tracks made on the back of his skull, more than once, that will be a fabrication too?

The Emperorís clothes are truly beautiful, are they not?
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

So itís all just a fabrication, not by McClellan - but by the hand of someone with a true axe to grind? Interesting. So when Powell has the class to wait until the current president is out of office and writes his perspective of what kind of impressions the White Houseís tire tracks made on the back of his skull, more than once, that will be a fabrication too?

The Emperorís clothes are truly beautiful, are they not?
    Sounds like you've already written his book.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    Sounds like you've already written his book.
    He supplied the DNC talking points !Look why don't you just try very hard and follow and read the link .This knee jerk liberalism has a tendance to destroy your credability with your every post.

Again it's all very simple.Scott was writing a book his publisher told him it wouldn't generate enough interest
    to sell.The Publisher ,being a big time liberal apologist convinced Judas/Scott to re_write the book and blast Bush therby making more sales and more sales mean more money in little Scotts pocket .Got it ??

Got it. So what will your BS/Denial diatribe be when Powell releases his book in 2009?

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    Me neither. I happen to disagree with Ted on many things, and agree with him and you insofar as I think the internet should be the same for all adult users.

I'm just saying... it's wasn't good when DU laughed about pissing on Reagan's grave, and it's not good when CU takes this opportunity to call Ted something senseless.

If Bush were diagnosed with Ted's illness, I would hope to see people be a bit more courteous towards him. I know that's a hopeless wish, and DU would throw a party about how the true villian of 9/11, that bastard President, was getting his due. It would be disgusting.

That's just my reaction to people bringing up Ted just to be vulgar. Let's rise above our policy disagreements, and respect each other's basic humanity. Even if it's just to the point where we don't get called a piece of shit as we breath our last.
    I agree with you on most of your post, we should respect his humanity. I wish him well and a speedy recovery. I disagree with some of your opinion about Ted. I don't trust some of his political "opinions." I find that he is predictable to a fault in that if Republicans or Conservatives are FOR IT, Ted is surely AGAINST IT. Sometimes he seems to form his opinion for political leverage.

Hard to believe that we have so many Tax and Spend DimoRATs in the state that hosted the Boston Tea Party.

He LEFT the scene of an accident. At that point IMO, it should have been "leaving the scene of a crime."

This brings me to the question as to why, if the former Press Secretaryís book is full of nothing but lies - White House counsel isnít drawing up law suit documents for slander at this very moment? If somebody was throwing crap around about me - in public - Iíd sue him blind!

Patent Member
    This brings me to the question as to why, if the former Press Secretaryís book is full of nothing but lies - White House counsel isnít drawing up law suit documents for slander at this very moment? If somebody was throwing crap around about me - in public - Iíd sue him blind!
    Because the standard of proof for public officials is significantly higher than that for ordinary citizens.