1. #1 Limbaugh Predicts ‘End Of Republican Party’ If Obama Wins Re-Election 

Rush Limbaugh Predicts ‘End Of Republican Party’ If Obama Wins Re-Election

On his syndicated radio show Monday afternoon, conservative host Rush Limbaugh predicted that if President Barack Obama wins re-election, it will mean an end to the Republican Party and the triggering of economic collapse within 18 months.

“How long does this country have if Obama wins?” Limbaugh asked. “We’re headed toward an economic collapse and we are the leader of the world. And when it happens to us, there are reverberations all over the world [...] How long is it going to take? I’m asking a serious question. 18 months? You throw ObamaCare onto what we know what we are going to get from Obama — more debt, more spending, the expansion of the welfare state. How long can this go on?” he continued.

He went on to refer to MSNBC host Chris Matthews saying last week that an Obama re-election would mean the end of conservatism. “Nope,” Limbaugh disagreed, “if Obama wins, it’s the end of the Republican Party.”

“There’s going to be a third party that’s going to be orientated towards conservatism — or Rand Paul thinks libertarianism,” he continued. “If Obama wins, the Republican Party will try to maneuver things so conservatives get blamed. The only problem is right now, Romney is not running a conservative campaign.”

“But they’re going to set it up, ‘Well, the right sat home, the right made Romney be other than he is.’ They’ll try to deflect the blame, but they got who they want,” he said of the Republican Party’s selection of Mitt Romney for president.

“How long do we have, folks? I know people, who think 18 months before a real United States economic collapse,” he concluded.

Mediaite.com

-------------------------------------

Its a national perfect storm. There were at least three GOP candidates who were willing to cut whole federal departments to get our deficit under control. Instead, the Establishment Rino's won. Since the 1960s, GOP candidates have only won against weak opponents. The GOP establishment is old, soft, tired, and disconnected from the middle class and its base. The Republican party as it is now has done just about everything to disavow, discourage, or prevent people working within its own rules to ascend to positions of leadership away from the "country clubbers" who are liberal on social issues and only care about money and taxes. Even if it means taking "second chair". As it stands we run the House. But to what end? Has the GOP stepped in to do anything to stop the EOs and dozens of impeachable offenses this president has committed? Rep.Issa cannot take the administration on single handedly but he may go down history as the only one who tried.

Maobama will have the opportunity to totally remake the Supreme Court, in addition to appointing far leftist judges all over to the country. Ginsburg would love to have an ultra leftist replace her. And we can't forget the further destruction of the country through the now politicized DOJ, EPA, NLRB amongst others... and the FCC to control the internet, etc. These people aren't going anywhere until the country is in flames.

Meanwhile the GOP continues to pander and move more and more to the left using their "winning strategy" (as they did with McCain) by adopting the premises of the left. Somehow we've got to push Romney back to the right before he squanders a perfect opportunity here. There is no way BO would be this close to winning re-election if he was white. Stand up Romney! Take off the rose colored glasses and realize BO and the dems are bringing brass knuckles to the fight. 0bama is not "a nice guy". He is not simply "over his head". Unabashed conservative principles work every time they're tried... for the sake of the country man.
    http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd445/JansGraphix/ConsUndergrd-Sig2.jpg
    Liberalism is just communism sold by the drink.

I certainly agree with his assessment of the GOP overlords, it's the faction I refer to as "Fiscal (-only) Conservatives," who only want the Social and Libertarian Conservatives around on Election Day. The economic collapse and end-of-the-GOP parts are a lot more debatable, the first is quite possible but the second is not likely at all, economic collapse under Obama II would damage the Democrat brand the way Hoover's Presidency damaged the Republican one (Not entirely fairly in that case, but that's life in the big city).

I think Rush is being a little bit over the edge on the doom and gloom for the GOP. He seems to forget that most of the states currently have republican governors. Re-districting following the census definitely favors republicans, you should see the crazy Detroit-area congressional districts that defy logic. That will keep the House in GOP hands until at least the next census, and probably longer.

I could see some conservatives wanting to split off and form a new party, but I'm not sure they will have the numbers and funds to do so.

Michigan may be a blue state as far as voting for president and having two democratic senators, but both houses of the state legislature have been in GOP control since the mid-90s. The Michigan Supreme Court also has a republican majority, at least for now, since it is an elected body and 3 spots are up for re-election this year. We've had republican governors since 1990, except for the 8 years Granholm served in office. The Secretary of State office has also been in republican hands for about 20 years now, so the GOP controls the state-wide and federal elections.

Revamping the Republican party would be welcomed in my book.

noonwitch what was up with Granholm at the DNC convention? She never used to be so physically jerky and just plain weird. Seriously this isn't how she used to be (I don't think).

Good men sleep peaceably in their beds at night because
    rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Real superheroes don't wear capes. They wear dog tags.

He's wrong. If the GOP wins then people will just assume the party is fine for the next four years, much like how people dozed off during Bush years. If Obama wins, then the GOP infighting between the establishment, and teaparty gets much worse before 2016 and the whole soul of the party is up for grabs. Changes happen in the face of adversity.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by Gina View Post
    Revamping the Republican party would be welcomed in my book.

noonwitch what was up with Granholm at the DNC convention? She never used to be so physically jerky and just plain weird. Seriously this isn't how she used to be (I don't think).

I have no idea what was up with her. It seemed almost like it was alcohol-induced, but as I wasn't there with a breathalyzer, I can't be sure.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    I have no idea what was up with her. It seemed almost like it was alcohol-induced, but as I wasn't there with a breathalyzer, I can't be sure.
    Yeah I thought about that too. Partying with the other dems, excited to be there.

She reminds me of Professor Harold Hill in that old musical, "Music Man", you know, when he was doing his con job and using all those gestures.

By the way, is she a Michigan native? She sounded like she was from the deep South. She's as big a phony as Obama with his weird accent.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    She reminds me of Professor Harold Hill in that old musical, "Music Man", you know, when he was doing his con job and using all those gestures.

By the way, is she a Michigan native? She sounded like she was from the deep South. She's as big a phony as Obama with his weird accent.
    She's Canadian of all things. No chance of being president *whew*.