Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl View Post
    Your premise is flawed for one simple reason. Pedophiles are not in it for murder. I don't have the statistics, but I would say the vast majority of sexual crimes against children do not result in a murder. You saying that they would murder because of the punishment is absurd because their impulse is sexual sadism not homicide.
    What he is saying is that the pedophile would turn to murder in order to escape detection where as without the death penalty they would be hesitant to commit murder.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by m00 View Post
    What everyone seems to be jumping on is merely the point that if you institute the DP for sexual crimes (no matter how heinous) as a matter of policy, as opposed to LWOP, fewer of the victims will live. If molesting a child carries the same punishment as murder, molesters will start killing children because its harder to prosecute a crime with no witness. That's the argument for making it LWOP as opposed to a "bullet between the eyes."

It's insane and dishonest to somehow equate this with "defending" pedophilia. It's about protecting the victims from being murdered on top of everything else.
    Why don't you answer Apache?

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    I take it your unfamiliar of something that is called Hate Crime legislation?
    He is...but in his Liberaltarian mind...what we see as stopping a predator...m00 views as us intruding and impeding on a person's personal sex life.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    I think the original article is wrong to state that pedophelia is a sexual orientation. It is a psychological disorder, but not one that is wholly a genetic condition.

Although the vast majority of children who were sexually abused grow up to not be pedophiles, pretty much every pedophile was molested as a child. So there's one contributing factor, that perhaps put the idea in the person's head to begin with. There are other factors that affect impulse control, both physical and psychological, like a head injury, or a personality disorder.

Modern psychologists will tell you that there is no way to treat pedophelia. Some tried in the 60s and 70s to no avail, but there is hope that if you catch a sex offender ... before puberty and treat him or her, you can change the behavior. Whoever came up with the idea that pedophelia is just another sexual orientation is trying to normalize it, which is sick.
    Replace the bolded pedophile/pedophilia with homosexual/homosexuality and you will see where we were 30/40 years ago. Considering those that used your exact same words were right back then, it should be obvious that those same principles apply today.

Do you see the slippery slope that granting deviant behavior normality will lead to more of it?

Quote Originally Posted by wasp69 View Post
    Why don't you answer Apache?
    What part didn't I answer? "Why are you defending these bastards?" Clearly, I'm not. I'm defending the position that punishment should be LWOP rather than DP, and this is specifically to protect the victim against being murdered.

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    What he is saying is that the pedophile would turn to murder in order to escape detection where as without the death penalty they would be hesitant to commit murder.
    Thank you. Maybe I'm just horrible at explaining this.

What part didn't I answer? "Why are you defending these bastards?" Clearly, I'm not. I'm defending the position that punishment should be LWOP rather than DP, and this is specifically to protect the victim against being murdered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache
    Fair enough! Rock, please, don't ban him.... for this discussion...please?

OKAY m00, you let me know why I have had to suffer through decades of shame and and guilt and what if's and shoulda beens...wondering how others view me...

YOU TELL me why 5 minutes of oral sex is worth my standing, in society... YOU tell me why, I had adults GRILL me for MONTHS, for something I should've felt "lucky" about... the trial was 2 weeks! She got 2 YEARS! I WAS 8! 8! DO YOU GET THAT? 8 YEARS OLD!!!!!!

MY LIFE WAS CUT OFF!

I went from 8 to 32 in the blink-of-an-eye!

And here you are talking about the Death Penalty!

Who suffered more m00?

Me, or her?!
    http://www.conservativeunderground.c...l=1#post526145

Thank you. Maybe I'm just horrible at explaining this.
    I am against the death penalty for most things. Really heinous murders and crimes against humanity. Generally I believe that life behind bars with no parole is a valid punishment for most crimes. I believe that the Lord gave us the right to take another person's life in cases of murder but He didn't say we had to use it. When Cain killed Abel the Lord could have given him the death penalty but He instead gave him permanent exile.

It's strange but justice seems to have a way of happening all by itself.

I have some inside information about the fate of child rapist and murderer John Cooey and I can tell you that what he experienced in prison was far worse than the death penalty. He is said to have died of rectal cancer but I have it from good sources that he died from bodily trauma focused particularly in the rectal area. I'm not saying that I agree with what happened to him but the Lord has a way of making sure that justice is served... some times in this live but always in the life beyond.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by wasp69 View Post
    Replace the bolded pedophile/pedophilia with homosexual/homosexuality and you will see where we were 30/40 years ago. Considering those that used your exact same words were right back then, it should be obvious that those same principles apply today.

Do you see the slippery slope that granting deviant behavior normality will lead to more of it?

When consenting adults of the same gender have sex with each other, there is no victim.

When a pedophile acts on his desire to have sex with children, the child is always victimized. There's no slippery slope. The laws in the US are very clear about this, and the sentencing guidelines in place in most states reflect how seriously we as a society are about this type of crime.

The term sexual orientation was created to describe gender-related sexual preferences, and to remove homosexuality from the DSM as a mental disorder. You may still think it is a disorder, but the American Psychiatric Association does not share your view.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    When consenting adults of the same gender have sex with each other, there is no victim.

When a pedophile acts on his desire to have sex with children, the child is always victimized. There's no slippery slope. The laws in the US are very clear about this, and the sentencing guidelines in place in most states reflect how seriously we as a society are about this type of crime.

The term sexual orientation was created to describe gender-related sexual preferences, and to remove homosexuality from the DSM as a mental disorder. You may still think it is a disorder, but the American Psychiatric Association does not share your view.
    You completely missed the point, didn't you?