Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    We can hope that this will become Obama's "Jimmy Carter moment".......

doc

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    It will depend on what Libya does. The Prime Minister apologized, which is a good first step. The next step is to track down the perpetrators and bring them to justice. If the Libyans do that, then we don't have to do anything, as it will have been an internal element that they are dealing with. If they don't do it, then they are accessories to the attack, which is an act of war, and the whole country becomes a legitmate target.

Egypt is more dangerous, because from what we can see, there has been no official response to the attack on our embassy. If the Lbyan perps are not dealt with by their government, then we can expect more attacks in Egypt, as well as Tunisia, Algeria and pretty much any other Muslim state where we have a presence. My concern is that we may end up with a repeat of the Iranian hostage crisis somewhere in the Middle East. The worst place would be Egypt, but any of the other regional players would be ugly.

Another thing to watch is how this plays out in the rest of the region. Turkey has been Islamicizing for the last decade, and I would not be surprised if there was at least a protest at our embassy there, not to mention the NATO facilities. Jordan is pretty moderate, but if the Islamists see an opportunity, we can expect them to try to stir up anti-American, and by extension, anti-monarchy, sentiment. Kuwait will most likely not see any major activities, unless the Kuwaitis decide to pay some Bangladeshi servants to riot. Saudi Arabia will most likely not have any activities, since they are funding te rest of this, and the regime there will crack down hard on any attempt at independent Islamic activities.

FWIW, I suspect that the CENTCOM THREATCON is probably maxed out right now.
    I've been wondering why there wasn't a large Marine presence at the Embassy. One would think that would be a prerequisite to having a embassy in a potentially hostle environment.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    Who should the attack be directed at?
    Well considering the MB is pulling the strings on the Government now...Parliament would be a good start.

Then any known military strong holds in Benghazi.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    I've been wondering why there wasn't a large Marine presence at the Embassy. One would think that would be a prerequisite to having a embassy in a potentially hostle environment.
    There probably is at the Embassy itself. Not so much at a Consulate.

If I had to make an educated guess...the two Marines that died were the Ambassador's PSD.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

This is pretty sick bunch. To hell with them.

I cannot believe that idiot McCain called these tards "Libyan Patriots" last year.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    There probably is at the Embassy itself. Not so much at a Consulate.

If I had to make an educated guess...the two Marines that died were the Ambassador's PSD.
    The Marines are denying any Marines were killed in Benghazi. My understanding is that our consulate was ... get this: depending upon the Libyan security forces to protect the consulate.

Egypt is a whole different story. When I'm king, Marines at embassies will have live rounds at all times with standing orders to plug anyone who comes over a wall. I can only assume that the MSD was pulled back with the rest of the embassy personnel, because otherwise, that can only mean that those Marines were there in that embassy compound and were ordered not to engage people as they invaded our sovereign turf. And of the latter is the case, then boy do I ever feel for those Marines. I can't imagine anything more disheartening than to have to be a Marine standing there watching this go on and not be able to respond.
    Olde-style, states' rights conservative. Ask if this concept confuses you.

I am reading that obama hasn't attended a Intel briefing for over a week, how does such a president not get impeached?

I don't blame obama for this, I blame the morons who voted for him. We are doomed if we cant turn this around.
    We're from Philadelphia, We Fight- Chip Kelly

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Wood View Post
    The Marines are denying any Marines were killed in Benghazi. My understanding is that our consulate was ... get this: depending upon the Libyan security forces to protect the consulate.

Egypt is a whole different story. When I'm king, Marines at embassies will have live rounds at all times with standing orders to plug anyone who comes over a wall. I can only assume that the MSD was pulled back with the rest of the embassy personnel, because otherwise, that can only mean that those Marines were there in that embassy compound and were ordered not to engage people as they invaded our sovereign turf. And of the latter is the case, then boy do I ever feel for those Marines. I can't imagine anything more disheartening than to have to be a Marine standing there watching this go on and not be able to respond.
    Well said!

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by ABC in Georgia View Post
    Dear God I hate this man!

Hubie ... I never personally use the "F" word, but I have *no* problem quoting it! ...

So will, several times!

~ ABC
    I've been trying to clean up my language, but when it comes to Obumbler, it often is difficult to succeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Wood View Post

Or we could not be in MENA that way the Muslims only have each other to kill...
    A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others. Ayn Rand

Power Point Ranger