Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 My Annoying Lib Bro 
    My annoying brother is now a big liberal diehard who is planning to move back to NY because of his so called miserable life in Florida where the unions are weak.

He is up there for one week on vacation with his family and he keeps texting me about how he can't wait to move back and get a job with the local MTA or Liberty line bus companies. He is currently a bus driver for the county in Florida and due to a weak union, he hasn't gotten a contract in 5 years since the state under our new Governor, Rick Scott, won't budge.

He wasn't always a Lib, he was Republican till he met his wife and since her whole family are big time Union folks, they have brainwashed him. So now he is going to uproot his whole family to get some fantasy dream union job and then get his ass kicked by rising taxes, cost of living costs in New York. My parents and I are trying to deter him, but it seems like it's only a matter of time before they move back.

It's come to the point that we can't even talk politics because he reminds of a DU'er and it becomes too heated with the family. He is a big Obama supporter now because he was able to do a Loan Modification on his house with a reduced interest rate and a reduced principal. So I think he's a lost cause when it comes to getting him to vote for a non-Lib.

Luckily, my parents ideals are more closely aligned with mine and since I fill out their absentee forms by mail, they are voting for Romney. much to the dismay of my dear, once conservative, misguided brother.

Anyway, just venting my disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl View Post
    My annoying brother is now a big liberal diehard who is planning to move back to NY because of his so called miserable life in Florida where the unions are weak.

He is up there for one week on vacation with his family and he keeps texting me about how he can't wait to move back and get a job with the local MTA or Liberty line bus companies. He is currently a bus driver for the county in Florida and due to a weak union, he hasn't gotten a contract in 5 years since the state under our new Governor, Rick Scott, won't budge.

He wasn't always a Lib, he was Republican till he met his wife and since her whole family are big time Union folks, they have brainwashed him. So now he is going to uproot his whole family to get some fantasy dream union job and then get his ass kicked by rising taxes, cost of living costs in New York. My parents and I are trying to deter him, but it seems like it's only a matter of time before they move back.

It's come to the point that we can't even talk politics because he reminds of a DU'er and it becomes too heated with the family. He is a big Obama supporter now because he was able to do a Loan Modification on his house with a reduced interest rate and a reduced principal. So I think he's a lost cause when it comes to getting him to vote for a non-Lib.

Luckily, my parents ideals are more closely aligned with mine and since I fill out their absentee forms by mail, they are voting for Romney. much to the dismay of my dear, once conservative, misguided brother.

I have an older brother who has always been a major lib. We get along just great. We even talk some politics and religion but we have both discovered that when the conversation starts to build up heat we change the subject to music.

We both stay happy this way

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl View Post
    That is so terribly sad, it has happened to my sisters too, they have become mindless idiots you can't even talk to.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

A chronically unemployed sister, a brother in law who is a teacher, a well educated niece; liberals are found in all places.
    My brother in law sat down at a restaurant last week and began dialogue about how successful the Volt car was. I had all the information in my mind so I cut him off; didn't apologize for doing it, either. Like most liberals he doesn't know anything. Just feels stuff.

Hawkgirl,
    Any chance you can get your brother out of Florida before the election? I mean, we're all sorry he's leaving, but in New York his vote won't count; it Florida it might!

LOL sb but no, he wants to secure a job first. Our cousin knows someone high up at the NY MTA, so he's going to try to pull some strings for him. I don't believe they are hiring right now.

NYC is a liberal cesspool so he'll fit right in. Funny thing is mist of my HS and college friends are still conservative as it's obvious from their FB posts. This is why sending your kids to conservative schooling is important. Of course there are exceptions.
    My daughter is in catholic pre school and I may have to modify my budget to keep her in catholic school through high school. But I believe it's worth it. There us no possible way you can ever be pro choice and liberal after they are done with you.Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    That is so terribly sad, it has happened to my sisters too, they have become mindless idiots you can't even talk to.

Here's a twist.. my brother is annoying too but he's a conservative. He's not voting this cycle because Romney isn't a conservative. I've tried but to no avail.

Relatives, sigh.
    Good men sleep peaceably in their beds at night because
    rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Real superheroes don't wear capes. They wear dog tags.

Fabulous Poster
    My best friend and I haven't spoken in over a week. More accurately, I haven't spoken to my ex-best friend in over a week. The reason doesn't justify the action, as it seldom does. It's the entirety of the situation which called for the decision.

He called me up and we were talking about politics. He then said something about requiring black people to show "three forms of ID" to vote.
    I said, "Well, you and I have to show ID to vote in Florida, always have. "
    he said, "But we didn't have to show three photo id's".
    I asked him where that is the case. He said, "They are trying it in several states."
    I said, "Then you should have no trouble naming one."
    He asked what I was typing on my computer (he could hear it on the phone). I said that I was googling "three forms of ID to vote"
    He said, "Well, maybe two, whatever."
    I said, "No, not whatever. You made a claim that this was happening in several states, but you can't name one, so you basically pulled it out of your ass."
    He said (he acts like he is 15 years old at times like this) , "Well you do that all the time (I don't actually). " and then went on to make some insulting remark that he had apparently had lying just below the surface and which was now showing itself .

I've had enough.

My grandfather was more politically conservative than most of the posters here, but he used to love to argue politics with my sister and I, liberals that we are. He didn't like to do so with my brother, because my brother is a jerk about people who disagree with him.

I miss arguing with him, even though he was a racist who referred to Obama as "blackie".

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    My best friend and I haven't spoken in over a week. More accurately, I haven't spoken to my ex-best friend in over a week. The reason doesn't justify the action, as it seldom does. It's the entirety of the situation which called for the decision.

He called me up and we were talking about politics. He then said something about requiring black people to show "three forms of ID" to vote.
    I said, "Well, you and I have to show ID to vote in Florida, always have. "
    he said, "But we didn't have to show three photo id's".
    I asked him where that is the case. He said, "They are trying it in several states."
    I said, "Then you should have no trouble naming one."
    He asked what I was typing on my computer (he could hear it on the phone). I said that I was googling "three forms of ID to vote"
    He said, "Well, maybe two, whatever."
    I said, "No, not whatever. You made a claim that this was happening in several states, but you can't name one, so you basically pulled it out of your ass."
    He said (he acts like he is 15 years old at times like this) , "Well you do that all the time (I don't actually). " and then went on to make some insulting remark that he had apparently had lying just below the surface and which was now showing itself .

I've had enough.
    Not much of a friend, I think. More of a control freak. And they don't have friends.

Still, I've dumped just enough friends over the years to know the feeling. On one hand, enough is enough. On the other, he was kinda fun. At any rate, read the above paragraph - short though it is - three times, dust your hands off and find something worthwhile to think about.