Hybrid View

1. #1 House conservatives call for stripping aid to Libya, Egypt from spending bill 
    By Russell Berman - 09/12/12 02:20 PM ET

A group of House conservatives is calling for foreign aid to Libya and Egypt to be stripped from a six-month federal funding bill set for a vote on Thursday.

A handful of lawmakers voiced outrage Wednesday at the Obama administration’s response to the attacks on the U.S. embassies in those countries, and suggested the inclusion of foreign aid could influence their votes.

“It makes it easier to vote ‘no’ ” on the spending bill, freshman Rep. Jeff Landry (R-La.) said at a press event with conservative House Republicans at the Capitol.

The House on Thursday plans to vote on a continuing resolution that would extend federal funding through March, preventing a government shutdown before the election or during a lame-duck session of Congress this fall. While conservatives pushed to avoid a shutdown fight, they have also raised alarms about the inclusion of additional welfare funding in the bill.

“It would show a tremendous amount of leadership from this administration, in light of the recent developments, if the president were to come back and demand that the amount of money that is in the [continuing resolution] for Libya and Egypt be stripped. That would be tremendous leadership,” Landry said.

More from The Hill:
    ♦ Sarah Palin urges Obama to grow a 'big stick'
    ♦ Dem Rep. Ellison: Muhammad video no justification for murder
    ♦ Graham: Obama lack of leadership leading to Mideast 'explosion'
    ♦ Paul Ryan avoids controversy over Romney statement
    ♦ Sen. Nelson alleges al Qaeda ties to US embassy attack
    ♦ US sending Marines to Libya
    ♦ Tea Party group slams must-pass bill over 'ObamaCare' funds
    ♦ Conservative groups: ‘No More Solyndras’ bill not enough

Lawmakers said they planned to bring up the issue at a meeting of the conservative Republican Study Committee on Wednesday, although they acknowledged it would be difficult to strip the foreign aid in so short an amount of time.

Read More>http://thehill.com/blogs/global-affa...-spending-bill
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

A handful of lawmakers? We are openly funding a terrorist organization, the Muslim brotherhood, and only a handful are outraged and not all?
    Forget the complete idiocy of funding them in the first place but stop it dead now!
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.

Good men sleep peaceably in their beds at night because
    rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Real superheroes don't wear capes. They wear dog tags.

4. #4 Pelosi: I Still Support U.S. Aid to Egypt 
    1:56 PM, Sep 13, 2012 • By JOHN MCCORMACK

During a press conference in the Capitol on Thursday, Nancy Pelosi said that she opposes efforts to end U.S. aid to Egypt.
    "If they’re suggesting we should cut off assistance to Egypt," Pelosi said of some Republicans in Congress, "I don’t agree with that."

"I think that the administration and even our friends in the region have said it’s really important for all parties, that is the private sector as well as the public sector, to invest in Egypt, because its economic success is important to the stability of the country, and that's important to the stability of the region, and the world, and global peace,” said Pelosi, leader of the House Democrats.

The United States will send $1.5 billion in aid to Egypt this year.
    http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/...pt_652294.html

One political party can't stop kissing the ring of radical islamists.

And the other is too cowed by political correctness and the fear of being called a racist to stand up to them.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    One political party can't stop kissing the ring of radical islamists.

And the other is too cowed by political correctness and the fear of being called a racist to stand up to them.
    Life today would have made a great Twilight Zone episode but it would have been a bit to unbelievable.