Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23

Hybrid View

  1. #1 Students Sing “God Bless America” At Wal-Mart, Manager Calls Cops 
    Senior Member Janice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Southern USA
    Posts
    2,809

    (Video at link)

    Students Sing “God Bless America” At Wal-Mart, Manager Calls Cops

    PEMBROKE PINES (CBSMiami) — Coconut Palm Elementary Principal Terri Thelmas, 75 students and their parents were kicked off Wal-Mart property Wednesday evening.

    Were they protesting the high price of school supplies? Nope. The Miramar principal and her students were simply trying to sing “God Bless America” to honor the fallen heroes of 9-11.

    According to Thelmas, the store manager gave her approval the week before to sing the one-minute song inside the Wal-Mart, located at Pines & Flamingo in Pembroke Pines.

    Around 7 p.m. Wednesday, the group showed up and the manager-on-duty told them they were a “liability” and that the kids would not be allowed to sing.

    So, the kids went outside the store to sing. That’s when things got ugly: the manager called Pembroke Pines police to have them removed from the property.

    Thelmas doesn’t understand why, on a day reserved for patriotism and reflection, Walmart was more concerned with lawsuits than exemplifying its commitment to the local community.

    Miami.CBS.Local

    ---------------------------------------------

    My guess is we can safely assume which Walmart now employs a democrat store manager.
    http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd445/JansGraphix/ConsUndergrd-Sig2.jpg
    Liberalism is just communism sold by the drink.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #2  
    Destroyer of Worlds Apocalypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
    Posts
    5,308
    I don't care for Walmart much any more. Since the old man died and the kids taken over, its less then the warm feeling friendly discount retailer and now is nothing more then a massive warehouse no thrills outlet. The thing that annoys me more is like yesterday, had two items, a quick in and out run. And had to wait half an hour in the check out line.
    Rest In Peace America
    July 4, 1776 - January 20, 2009
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #3  
    Power CUer noonwitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Warren, MI
    Posts
    12,890
    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    I don't care for Walmart much any more. Since the old man died and the kids taken over, its less then the warm feeling friendly discount retailer and now is nothing more then a massive warehouse no thrills outlet. The thing that annoys me more is like yesterday, had two items, a quick in and out run. And had to wait half an hour in the check out line.
    Walmart didn't really come to metro Detroit until after Sam Walton's death. I might have gotten hooked earlier, if they had come here back in the days when Walmart proudly sold American-made products.

    I'm pretty loyal to Meijer, though. They are a Michigan company, they support charities around the state and not just in their home base of Grand Rapids, and they treat their employees well.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #4  
    Power CUer FlaGator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    The Swamps of N. Florida
    Posts
    22,386
    I avoid Walmart when ever possible. If I want to wait in line because there are not enough cashiers then I'll shop at K Mart because it is closer.

    I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #5  
    Administrator SaintLouieWoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Sarasota Florida
    Posts
    40,754
    Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    I avoid Walmart when ever possible. If I want to wait in line because there are not enough cashiers then I'll shop at K Mart because it is closer.
    I also avoid Walmarts. It's weird, I find often that it's not always cheaper than some of the other stores. I was amazed that on a few items, it was even higher. Unless they're about giving stuff away, there's no need to wait in the lines or put up with the crazy driving in their parking lot. Going there sort of drags down my day.

    If they call the cops on some kids singing God Bless America on 9-11, I suspect they'll lose a lot more customers.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

    " To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

    "
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

    GO CARDS -THERE IS ALWAYS NEXT YEAR
    GO ROYALS NOW
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #6  
    Power CUer noonwitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Warren, MI
    Posts
    12,890
    Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    I avoid Walmart when ever possible. If I want to wait in line because there are not enough cashiers then I'll shop at K Mart because it is closer.

    LOL. K-Mart is not the store I worked at when I was in college. I really liked working there, it was a fun job, believe it or not.

    The K-Mart near me always has one or two cashiers working. I only go there to buy small electronics, like toasters and handmixers, because they still have the best prices on that stuff. It's too bad Martha Stewart went all upscale and moved her line to Macys.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #7  
    Power CUer FlaGator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    The Swamps of N. Florida
    Posts
    22,386
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    LOL. K-Mart is not the store I worked at when I was in college. I really liked working there, it was a fun job, believe it or not.

    The K-Mart near me always has one or two cashiers working. I only go there to buy small electronics, like toasters and handmixers, because they still have the best prices on that stuff. It's too bad Martha Stewart went all upscale and moved her line to Macys.
    The K-Mart near me has 12 lines and never more that 3 are open (usually just one) no matter how crowded it is. It use to be the goto store for most low cost purchases now it is something I try to avoid.

    I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #8  
    Destroyer of Worlds Apocalypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
    Posts
    5,308
    Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    I avoid Walmart when ever possible. If I want to wait in line because there are not enough cashiers then I'll shop at K Mart because it is closer.
    Most K-marts around me longest I've waited was about 5 min, and thats usually during the hollidays. They lost a lot of buisness to Walmart. I just wish their selection was a bit more. Their good for basic, but thats about it.
    Rest In Peace America
    July 4, 1776 - January 20, 2009
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #9  
    Senior Member LukeEDay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Happy Valley
    Posts
    2,056
    I loathe Wal*mart. That store sucks, with a capital SUCK...

    I love my God, my country, my flag, and my troops ....
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #10  
    Sin City Moderator RobJohnson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    17,474
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    Walmart didn't really come to metro Detroit until after Sam Walton's death. I might have gotten hooked earlier, if they had come here back in the days when Walmart proudly sold American-made products.

    I'm pretty loyal to Meijer, though. They are a Michigan company, they support charities around the state and not just in their home base of Grand Rapids, and they treat their employees well.
    Wal Mart's original mission was to plant stores in small communities that did not have any other places for people to shop.

    Then Sam had less control, eventually died, and now they are all over the place.

    Where I lived in Illinois, the only two communities that had WalMarts 25 years ago were smaller farming communities with many small rural towns surronding them. Of course, all the mom and pop stores in those same towns ended up shutting down...but hey, that is how things work. It worked out really well for the communities as it really helped the sales tax and property tax base. They provided local jobs and many day one employees retired after 25 or 30 years.....it was also saved people from having to drive 60 miles round trip to purchase some of the same items from other retailers and at the time most of the Wal Marts did have a lot of Made in America products.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •