Thread: I am so ashamed (reality tv viewing)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 I am so ashamed (reality tv viewing) 
    I'm always proud about not watching much reality television-Celebrity Rehab is usually about it for me. I have never watched Toddlers and Tiaras, however....

My nieces got me hooked on Here Comes Honey Boo Boo. The child is hilarious. I know it's a spinoff of T and T, but I can't help it, watching her crazy, redneck family ride their 4 wheelers in the mud, or her scary-looking mom "couponing" at the grocery store (she paid about $35 for $120 worth of groceries, so she's doing it right).

I am so ashamed that I like this show.

Power CUer
    You should be ashamed. It is not only a bad show, it is quite possibly the new low point for all of Western civilization.

I strongly suspect you have been drinking Go-Go juice. Back away, and watch the entire Ring cycle of Wagner operas on PBS this week, for atonement.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    I'm always proud about not watching much reality television-Celebrity Rehab is usually about it for me. I have never watched Toddlers and Tiaras, however....

My nieces got me hooked on Here Comes Honey Boo Boo. The child is hilarious. I know it's a spinoff of T and T, but I can't help it, watching her crazy, redneck family ride their 4 wheelers in the mud, or her scary-looking mom "couponing" at the grocery store (she paid about $35 for $120 worth of groceries, so she's doing it right).

I am so ashamed that I like this show.
    It's like watching a train wreak. You don't what to see it but you can't help yourself.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    Back away, and watch the entire Ring cycle of Wagner operas on PBS this week, for atonement.
    I know this seems severe, but drastic steps have to be taken to restore the IQ points that have been lost so quickly.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    You should be ashamed. It is not only a bad show, it is quite possibly the new low point for all of Western civilization.

I strongly suspect you have been drinking Go-Go juice. Back away, and watch the entire Ring cycle of Wagner operas on PBS this week, for atonement.
    I despise German opera, so I will have to substitute watching a Brannaugh Shakespere movie. Watching my copy of Titus (the one with Anthony Hopkins and Jessica Lange) would not exactly be raising my cultural standards again.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubie View Post
    Anyone want a reason why there is so much anti-American sentiment in the world, this picture pretty much sums up the reason.
    "Inequality is a false notion propagated by those who are made to feel guilty for what they have by those who are jealous for what they don't"-Former MTV Host Kennedy

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    I know!!! Ship that entire Mutant Family over to Egypt!!!!
    May the FORCE be with you!

I see two married, heterosexual parents and four children whom I understand all love and respect each other. From what I've read (yes, I have not seen the show) they are not dysfunctional, the husband works, they participate in that child beauty pagaent stuff (which is another thread entirely), they don't give a shit what other people think of them and most importantly, they are not on any type of government assistance.

They are OK with me.
    Be Not Afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    I see two married, heterosexual parents and four children whom I understand all love and respect each other. From what I've read (yes, I have not seen the show) they are not dysfunctional, the husband works, they participate in that child beauty pagaent stuff (which is another thread entirely), they don't give a shit what other people think of them and most importantly, they are not on any type of government assistance.

They are OK with me.
    Except they're not married...

And one of the teen daughters got pregnant...

So basically, they're Democrats...