1. #1 Violent protests across Middle East target embassies, Pope visit to Lebanon 
    It seems like the Muslims just sit around and wait for something to offend them so they can riot, destroy property and kill people who had absolutely nothing to do with whatever it was that offended them. Satan... er Allah must be so pleased with them.

Anti-American protests erupted across the Middle East on Friday, following week-long demonstrations outside of several U.S. embassies and a Sept. 11 attack on the U.S. Consulate in Libya that left the U.S. ambassador and three others dead.

Protesters reportedly broke into the German Embassy in Sudan -- pulling down its emblem and raising the Islamic flag -- and demonstrators in Lebanon set a Kentucky Fried Chicken restaurant on fire while chanting against the pope's visit to Lebanon.

At least one protester was killed and 25 were injured during violent clashes with riot police in the northern Lebanese city of Tripoli, security officials said.

In Egypt, protesters angry over an anti-Islam film demonstrated blocks away from the U.S. Embassy in Cairo as the president went on state TV and appealed to Muslims to protect embassies, trying to patch up strained relations with the United States.

Several hundred protesters massed in Cairo's Tahrir Square after weekly Muslim Friday prayers and tore up an American flag, waving a black, Islamist flag. When protesters tried to move toward the embassy, several blocks away, they were confronted by lines of police who fired tear gas.

"With our soul, our blood, we will avenge you, our Prophet," they chanted.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

I saw that on the news this morning, and thought that in light of current events and the assassination attempt on JPII in the 80s by a Muslim terrorists, maybe he'd reconsider.

He's a tough old guy. I might not agree with this pope about many things, but I respect him for doing his job despite the risks.