Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

1. #1 Threatening caller spurs UT evacuation 
    Caller claimed to be with al-Qaida, planted bombs

Updated: Friday, 14 Sep 2012, 10:23 AM CDT
    Published : Friday, 14 Sep 2012, 9:55 AM CDT
    Jackie Vega

AUSTIN (KXAN) - The University of Texas is evacuating all of its buildings due to threats on campus after a caller claiming to be with al-Qaida said he placed bombs all over campus that would go off around 10 a.m. -- which has since passed.

"Immediately evacuate ALL buildings and get as far away as possible," read a message posted at 9:53 a.m. on the campus' emergency alert website. "More information to come."

UT Director of Communications Rhonda Weldon said the university got a call around 8:35 a.m. from a male with a Middle Eastern accent claiming to have placed bombs all over campus.

He said he was with al-Qaida and that these bombs would go off in 90 minutes.

President Williams Powers has been notified, and officials are now evacuating all of the buildings out of an abundance of caution.
    http://www.kxan.com/dpp/news/local/a...l-of-ut-campus

North Dakota State University is also being evacuated for the same reason.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

And so it begins...

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    And so it begins...
    We have 4 embassies under siege also.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.

WTF!!!

DEVELOPING: North Dakota State University officials are ordering the campus evacuated after receiving a bomb threat.

NDSU issued a statement shortly before 10 a.m. Friday telling all employees and students to leave campus within a half-hour because of a bomb threat. No other details were given.

More than 14,000 students are enrolled at NDSU.
    http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/09/14...o-bomb-threat/
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If we had a real media, Obama would be laughed out of the White House.
    Good men sleep peaceably in their beds at night because
    rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Real superheroes don't wear capes. They wear dog tags.

Now add Valparaiso University to the list.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    We have 4 embassies under siege also.
    I was referring to the home grown insanity that the current middle east situation will cause. It will bring out the U.S. Muslim wannabe fanatics and the plain old American nut cases.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

For what it's worth, al Queda generally doesn't call in warnings ahead of their attacks. Some students wanted to start their weekend early. If that's the case, I hope they are caught and prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    For what it's worth, al Queda generally doesn't call in warnings ahead of their attacks. Some students wanted to start their weekend early. If that's the case, I hope they are caught and prosecuted to the full extent of the law.
    The north Dakota threat and the Texas threat were called in at the same time.
    I don't think there is a bomb but I do think the same group of people were trying to cause the disruption at both schools.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    Yep, that explains it. Every weekend this happens spontaneously across the fruited plains. We are just now noticing after over 200 years of this merry making.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand