Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 If Romney Wasn't A Mormon, He'd Have A Double Digit Lead Right Now 
    I honestly and truly believe this. If Romney was anything but a Mormon, his lead would be insurmountable. There is no other way to explain how Obama, with the disaster that is the economy and how shitty his foreign policy is could be anywhere near a lead. No one can dispute this.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Power CUer
    I don't think so. There are a lot of Americans who truly don't care about denominations. I think being effectively characterized as "evil, clueless rich" is hurting him, plus some of the things he's saying, himself.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

I seem to remember hearing the same lament about JFK (the first Catholic), and Richard Nixon (a Quaker, and at least by association, a pacifist, during a time of war).......

Didn't turn out to really be a factor.

doc

I don't think his religion has any effect on swing voters/independents. It would have more of an effect on his base, and they tend to look at his anti-abortion belief (among other conservative issues) before his actual religion.

If black voters were going to vote republican, I think Mormonism would be more of an issue, because of the LDS history regarding race. But that hasn't really been an issue since around 1964.

I think it has more to do with him being a left wing New England Republican who as governor voted for any and all Liberal tripe he could and no middle class average voter can relate to

He's our very own John Kerry.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by Molon Labe View Post
    I think it has more to do with him being a left wing New England Republican who as governor voted for any and all Liberal tripe he could and no middle class average voter can relate to

However, watching this country crumble under Obama, a shoe should be able to run against him and win.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    However, watching this country crumble under Obama, a shoe should be able to run against him and win.
    I pretty much agree, but Romney is beating himself.

When we are meeting at my local GOP, many aren't usually talking about his Mormonism. It usually has to do with if it's better for the country to have a liberal in office when the house of cards falls or a terrible RINO so conservatism takes the blame in 2016, since a good many of us do not see any significant policy change that reverses our mess.

I sometimes wonder if some of those people don't have a point.

Could it be having an idiot like Romney win and everyone goes back to sleep is worse than having the enemy you know right in front of you.

I've always said the POTUS is overated. Congress is where it's at. I have a fairly good GOP congressman. In 2016 I will have an even better option if he screws up, because a stronger conservative gave him a run for his money this year.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by Molon Labe View Post

Left wing my ass, there is no Republican that is going to satisfy your isolationism.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

I really think Obama is going to lose in Nov, I just have this gut feeling, no matter what the MSM is saying.
    We're from Philadelphia, We Fight- Chip Kelly

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    I honestly and truly believe this. If Romney was anything but a Mormon, his lead would be insurmountable. There is no other way to explain how Obama, with the disaster that is the economy and how shitty his foreign policy is could be anywhere near a lead. No one can dispute this.
    If he were any other main stream Christian group he would be ahead by 10 points at least.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg