Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    The establishment didn't pick the candidate you knucklehead. He was one of many candidates and he's the one the Republican voters wanted and saw as their best shot to win. I, like you, am a conservative, however, if you want to stay home and allow another 4 years of Obama, then you have nothing to complain about until 2016.
    And if you stay at home because you don't mind if Obama does get reelected because the only candidate that can beat him is not to your liking then you're a faux conservative in the first place.
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

Quote Originally Posted by Zathras View Post
    And if you stay at home because you don't mind if Obama does get reelected because the only candidate that can beat him is not to your liking then you're a faux conservative in the first place.
    Really? Huh. So in other words in order to be a true conservative you have to be staunch and not budge an inch? Now you guys are starting to sound like DUmmies in that you have to think and do 1 way and no other way or else. Listen to yourselves. You guys are starting to sound like Mike128. Like I said, if your little "standing for my principles" tantrum pans out, it means 4 more years of Obama. If you're content with that, fine, but personally I'd vote for the 8" section of Q-Tip laden bowel from my dog than have to endure and watch the destruction of the country I love for some silly imagined unrealistic principles.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Really? Huh. So in other words in order to be a true conservative you have to be staunch and not budge an inch? Now you guys are starting to sound like DUmmies in that you have to think and do 1 way and no other way or else. Listen to yourselves. You guys are starting to sound like Mike128. Like I said, if your little "standing for my principles" tantrum pans out, it means 4 more years of Obama. If you're content with that, fine, but personally I'd vote for the 8" section of Q-Tip laden bowel from my dog than have to endure and watch the destruction of the country I love for some silly imagined unrealistic principles.
    Hmmm, don't know why you quoted me because the people you describe are the ones my post is directed at.
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

Quote Originally Posted by Zathras View Post
    Hmmm, don't know why you quoted me because the people you describe are the ones my post is directed at.
    I think I misunderstood your meaning. Waddya want. It was late.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Two words on why he doesn't have a double digit lead: Bradley Effect.
    We're from Philadelphia, We Fight- Chip Kelly

Everytime I read this thread title, I see "Moron" instead of "Mormon"

But seriously. It has nothing to do with him being Mormon. I don't think anybody cares. It's because he keeps saying things that make people really nervous about what a Romney presidency would look like. It should be sooooooo easy.

This should be his message imo:

"I'm a wealthy businessman. My parents are wealthy. I gave away my inheritance, but granted I still had a massive leg up in life. I want everybody to have a leg up in life, and we accomplish this by creating an environment where entrepreneurship (and the people whom they hire to start their business) can thrive.

Some people criticize me for making hundreds of millions of dollars from leveraged buyouts. I was driven to be successful in business, and due to government regulations leveraged buyouts are a highly profitable business. You can't blame a driven individual to make their money within the framework of what is essentially a stupid bureaucracy. If you don't like how I made my money, or think I'm too rich, then consider that Obama wants more regulations on finance, not less. Regulations create a fixed game, and actually makes it easier for connected individuals or financially driven individuals like me to greatly profit. So if you want less 1%er Mitt Romneys in the world, voting for Obama is the last thing you should be doing."

Quote Originally Posted by Molon Labe View Post
    This isn't a football game.
    It's a zero-sum game. Someone has to win and someone has to lose. Romney wins. Obama loses. It's that simple.

Trying to make some kind of stand on principles when it's time to cast your vote is a bit late to the game. If you want change in the Republican party, where were you the last four years, or if you didn't like Bush, the eight years before that? Better yet, stay Libertarian and go 0 for the-rest-of-your-life when it comes to elections. Hey, you stood your ground but no one from your party ever made it above dogcatcher. Well done.

When you let the establishment pick the candidate, then you get what you deserve.
    I keep seeing this line repeated by the Paulcult but they never explain what they are talking about. And if you're talking about some delegates from Maine that didn't get seated, please, don't even reply.
    Be Not Afraid.

romney is behind because (a) he sucks as a candidate, (b) his campaign is being run by retards, and (c) the combination of the obama/central government propaganda machine added to the MSM fluffers is very, very difficult to overcome.

it has zero to do with the fact that he is Mormon.

And then I guess when Romney wins all our country's problems are solved? YAY!

On second thought....I actually say "Thank God for Romeny". His abysmal record and non conservatism will hopefully bring this party back to it's Goldwater and Russell Kirk roots.
    No, the flip side is if that current Communist SOB wins, this country is finished as we Knew it. The Conservatives don't have a horse in this race and pretending that Johnson or some other Johnny come lately has a chance is willfully stupid.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by A Former Wretch View Post
    romney is behind because (a) he sucks as a candidate, (b) his campaign is being run by retards, and (c) the combination of the obama/central government propaganda machine added to the MSM fluffers is very, very difficult to overcome.

it has zero to do with the fact that he is Mormon.
    Romney's not behind.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.