1. #1 Carney: Protests not directed at the United States 
    What planet does the Obama administration live on?

CARNEY: We also need to understand that this is a fairly volatile situation and it is in response not to United States policy, and not to, obviously, the administration, or the American people, but it is in response to a video, a film that we have judged to be be reprehensible and disgusting. That in no way justifies any violent reaction to it, but this is not a case of protests directed at the United States writ large or at U.S. policy, this is in response to a video that is offensive to Muslims.

Again, this is not in any way justifying violence, and we have spoken very clearly out against that and condemned it. And the president is making sure in his conversations with leaders around the region that they are committed as hosts to diplomatic facilities to protect both personnel and buildings and other facilities that are part of the U.S. representation in those countries.
    Story is here

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Well that explains why they are torching American embassies... Holy hell this shit is getting ridiculous. If anyone thinks it is about a rarely seen clip, they are wrong.
    “A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others.”Ayn Rand

Power Point Ranger

Found this on DU... Cali seems to disagree with Mr. Carney

cali (74,242 posts)

You know it's not really all about the "film", right?

It's the spark in tinder.

We're bombing them in the middle east. I posted a story a few days back. It's title was something like: In Yemen, bombs more plentiful than rain. We're bombing them from drones there and in Pakistan and in Afghanistan and in other places. We've invaded their countries, killed hundreds of thousands if not millions. Grind people down- and sorry, but we have- and it doesn't take much to enrage them. Is it any wonder that many don't distinguish between what an asswipe individual does and our gov't or the populace at large?

Her thread is here

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    What planet does the Obama administration live on?

Story is here

Will the bullcrap ever cease?
    We're from Philadelphia, We Fight- Chip Kelly

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Lord oBAMA must be protected at all costs.
    May the FORCE be with you!

Quote Originally Posted by Generation Why? View Post
    Well that explains why they are torching American embassies... Holy hell this shit is getting ridiculous. If anyone thinks it is about a rarely seen clip, they are wrong.
    Well you see it's just a coincidence all actions were directed toward USA consulates/Embassies. I guess they were just a bunch of lazy terrorists and the USA consulates/Embassies were closer than say the British, German , French etc etc Consulates/embassies
    The 21st century. The age of Smart phones and Stupid people.

It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

Unbelievable.
    Good men sleep peaceably in their beds at night because
    rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Real superheroes don't wear capes. They wear dog tags.

They are stupid enough to blame this on a youtube clip, seriously? That's their strawman.