1. #1 Elementary School Students Asked to Draw Pictures of the September 11th Attacks 
    Link

Children at Hughey Elementary School in El Paso, Texas were asked to draw pictures of the September 11th attacks, and parents are outraged over the assignment.

4th graders were reportedly given specific instructions to draw the planes hitting buildings and people jumping out of windows. The school has released a statement saying they’re investigating the matter and regret the insensitivity of the assignment.
    Every time you turn around lately, someone is apologizing for something.
    Good men sleep peaceably in their beds at night because
    rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Real superheroes don't wear capes. They wear dog tags.

Quote Originally Posted by Gina View Post
    Every time you turn around lately, someone is apologizing for something.
    That's because there are so many morons in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubie View Post
    That's because there are so many morons in the world.
    Morons used to be few and far between until the 60s. Then we went to Hell in a bucket and only hippies enjoyed the ride. Now morons are everywhere.
    Good men sleep peaceably in their beds at night because
    rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Real superheroes don't wear capes. They wear dog tags.

It is a disturbing assignment to give to 4th graders.

Incidentally, a lot of the little kids I worked with back in 2001 drew pictures of skyscrapers falling and planes crashing into buildings for a few months after viewing the events of 9-11 live on television. It was the kind of scary event that hits kids because they realize their parents are scared. That's why I question the assignment in this situation.

Fabulous Poster
    I don't have a problem with it. American children (given that it's El Paso we wonder) need to remember 9-11 for what it actually was, and not the namby pamby candle light vigil version of it.

Jewish children are taught to "remember" the crimes against Jews. When it comes to being victimized, Jews have a pretty good grip on how to culturally integrate those memories. I have no problem following their example.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    I don't have a problem with it. American children (given that it's El Paso we wonder) need to remember 9-11 for what it actually was, and not the namby pamby candle light vigil version of it.

Jewish children are taught to "remember" the crimes against Jews. When it comes to being victimized, Jews have a pretty good grip on how to culturally integrate those memories. I have no problem following their example.
    I don't have a problem with it either. These kids should know how horrible that day was. They should know, and their kids should know and it should keep on going right down the arrow time.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis