Hybrid View

1. #1 Ex-Navy SEAL from Henderson, NV was killed in Libya 
    A little of the more personal details about one of the deaths....

HENDERSON (KSNV MyNews3) -- One of the men killed in the attack on the U.S. embassy in Libya was from Henderson.

Navy SEAL Tyrone Woods was 41 years old. He leaves behind a wife and three children, including a newborn son.

Neighbors say his family mostly kept to themselves but were always willing to lend a helping hand.

Although he and his family may have just begun to move here, people are already saying he left an immediate impression on them.

His mother, Cheryl Bennett, says he was vigilant.

“I’m sure he went down fighting. I’m sure he did,” she said. “And since he left home it’s more painful. But the answer is no, the answer is no, he would not want people touting him as some hero.”

He had just begun readying this home in Henderson for his family's move from San Diego.

“He was repairing the home because his wife was pregnant, very pregnant, and I know being pregnant twice it can be very taxing on the husband, and he seemed like a great husband because he wanted to prepare everything for his wife,” said neighbor Stacy Economon.

He served as a Navy SEAL for more than two decades. A diplomatic security job placed him in Libya.

His mother says she often didn't learn of his missions until months after.

Woods had a wife, Dorothy, and three sons: Tyrone Jr., Hunter and Kai, born just a few months ago.

An American flag still flies at his home in San Diego. Neighbors there are just confounded by the loss as well.

The three-story Henderson building he was hoping to turn from a house into a home still sits waiting for a man that won't return.

Governor Brian Sandoval today made the following statement regarding former Navy SEAL Tyrone S. Woods:

“As a Navy SEAL, Tyrone bravely fought for our country and as a security officer in Libya, Tyrone made the ultimate sacrifice. A registered nurse and paramedic, Tyrone stepped forward when his country asked him to. Kathleen and I extend our deepest sympathies to Tyrone’s wife Dorothy and to Tyrone’s three sons, Tyrone Jr., Hunter and Kai.

“I have directed Capitol Police that the flag of the State of Nevada fly at half-staff until sundown on Sunday in honor of Tyrone and all victims of the Libya tragedy, consistent with the Presidential order issued Wednesday.”
    http://www.mynews3.com/content/news/...RoZnXxRCg.cspx

Many prayers for this family. (Video at link)

Good men sleep peaceably in their beds at night because
    rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Real superheroes don't wear capes. They wear dog tags.