Thread: Sudan rejects US request to send Marines to secure embassy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Sudan rejects US request to send Marines to secure embassy 
    Sudan has rejected an offer by the United States to send Marines to increase security at the U.S. embassy in Khartoum, where violent protesters have clashed with police.

The announcement Saturday follows earlier reports that the United States wanted to send the Marines to bolster security at the embassy amid heavy protests and demonstrations, according to Reuters.

“Sudan is able to protect the diplomatic missions in Khartoum and the state is committed to protecting its guests in the diplomatic corps,'' Foreign Minister Ali Ahmed Karti told the state news agency SUNA, which Reuters reported

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012...#ixzz26ZLvn2la

Wow, does Sudan also get american taxpayer money? Let's see how competent they are...I'd feel more comfortable if our Marines were there, as long as they are allowed to have bullets in their guns.

I don't understand how Sudan is able to make the call if we are there are not.

What if they fail?

Okay, let me make sure that I understand this... Sudan, a country run by Islamist thugs, whose president is under indictment for genocide at the international court at the Hague, a country has restored chattel slavery, that country, is denying us the right to protect our sovereign territory, our embassy, with our own marines...? On what grounds, that they might just prevent a jihadi bloodbath?

Time to close that embassy and withdraw our staff.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    Okay, let me make sure that I understand this... Sudan, a country run by Islamist thugs, whose president is under indictment for genocide at the international court at the Hague, a country has restored chattel slavery, that country, is denying us the right to protect our sovereign territory, our embassy, with our own marines...? On what grounds, that they might just prevent a jihadi bloodbath?

Time to close that embassy and withdraw our staff.
    Obama doesn't have the balls to do this.
    "Inequality is a false notion propagated by those who are made to feel guilty for what they have by those who are jealous for what they don't"-Former MTV Host Kennedy

The staff there is nutty if they don't get out of there.
    Good men sleep peaceably in their beds at night because
    rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Real superheroes don't wear capes. They wear dog tags.

Why are we even asking permission...errr...offering to send Marines?

Why are we telling the Sudanese we ARE sending Marines to guar OUR embassy and they can either clear the road when we arrive so they can get there as fast as possible...or die as me clear our own path?

Since when does the President of the U.S. ask permission from 3rd world shit hole to protect our own people/property?
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    Why are we even asking permission...errr...offering to send Marines?

Why are we telling the Sudanese we ARE sending Marines to guar OUR embassy and they can either clear the road when we arrive so they can get there as fast as possible...or die as me clear our own path?

Since when does the President of the U.S. ask permission from 3rd world shit hole to protect our own people/property?

Now, now...we must be "fair" to them. And if anything bad does happen, it's Bu$hCo's fault.
    May the FORCE be with you!

Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    01/20/09.
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

Sudan rejects US request to send Marines to secure embassy
    This just in:

President Romney ceases all aid to Sudan effective immediately. Ships loaded woith food are turned around and aid money directed to our National Debt.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand