Thread: End Times

1. #1 End Times 
    By Ben Stein on 9.14.12 @ 6:09AM

There is that feeling in the air.

Thursday
    Strange day.

I awakened to a text from a close friend who is a devout Christian and who was so angry at the elite media that she could not sleep. "I am so frikkin' sick of the media telling us that Islam is a 'religion of peace,'" she said. "Look, people make fun of Jesus all of the time and I mean ALL of the time and we don't kill them or harm them. But do anything at all that offends any Muslim and they start killing Christians and Jews -- and then Obama apologizes for it. How long can this go on? The times of Tribulation are at hand."

I got up, walked out on the deck and looked out at the perfect fall day over Lake Pendoreille. An absolutely perfect Fall day, blue skies, light breeze, just a slight chill in the air.

At breakfast, my wife suddenly said, "And then I beheld a red horse ridden by a man with a great sword...."

"What is that?" I asked her.

"It's Revelation," she said.

"I know, but where does that come from?"

"I just feel as if something big is about to happen," she said. "Something feels like we're about to live in a totally changed world. It feels like end times. Why are we apologizing to the Muslims? They're killing and expelling their Christians and we don't say a word. End times."

I nodded. There is that feeling in the air.

I got another text from my very devout Christian friend. "Don't tell me Obama isn't a Muslim," she said. "I don't care what he calls himself, he's a Muslim. That's why he's always apologizing to the Muslims."

I think she's bit off the mark here. If Obama says he's a Christian, he's a Christian.

I slept for a long time while listening to Mozart and the trains. Then I went to the mail box and got the latest news from the Obama/Biden campaign -- oops, meant to say, "The New York Times." Naturally, it was filled with rage against Mitt Romney There was very little vitriol against the killers in Libya, but plenty against Gov. Romney.

I sure hope that the people at the Romney campaign don't read The NY Times. It is just endless propaganda against Republicans. Nonstop. We Republicans should campaign on our own issues. Mr. Obama's idiot foreign policy is such an issue.

I went off to do my errands in Sandpoint. A visit to a super pleasant post office. A helpful clerk was patient with my terrible handwriting. Then a visit to the Alpine Shop to see my pal, Tim Farmin, who looked happy but told me my boat needed a new battery. Then, a visit to Ivano's to pick up some grub for tonight.

At Ivano's, I talked to a man who seethed with rage against Mr. Obama. He simply could not believe that Mr. Obama would make time to be among his Hollywood big shots but not make time to see Benjamin Netanyahu. "These are getting to be Biblical days," he said. "The final days."
    Read More>http://spectator.org/archives/2012/09/14/end-times
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

As I often say, "End times baby!"
    Good men sleep peaceably in their beds at night because
    rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Real superheroes don't wear capes. They wear dog tags.

Jack Van Impe and Hal Lindsey both think its now the end times, but both of them have been wrong in the past.

Odd... this has been on my mind since yesterday morning.

"How long, O simple ones, will you love being simple? How long will scoffers delight in their scoffing and fools hate knowledge?
    If you turn at my reproof, behold, I will pour out my spirit to you; I will make my words known to you.
    Because I have called and you refused to listen, have stretched out my hand and no one has heeded,
    because you have ignored all my counsel and would have none of my reproof,
    I also will laugh at your calamity; I will mock when terror strikes you,
    when terror strikes you like a storm and your calamity comes like a whirlwind, when distress and anguish come upon you.
    Then they will call upon me, but I will not answer; they will seek me diligently but will not find me.
    Because they hated knowledge and did not choose the fear of the LORD,
    would have none of my counsel and despised all my reproof,
    therefore they shall eat the fruit of their way, and have their fill of their own devices.
    For the simple are killed by their turning away, and the complacency of fools destroys them;
    but whoever listens to me will dwell secure and will be at ease, without dread of disaster."
    Proverbs 1:22-33

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis