Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Sounding and Acting Like Reagan 
    September 15, 2012
    Sounding and Acting Like Reagan, Romney Has Them Terrified
    By Fred J. Eckert

I knew Ronald Reagan. Ronald Reagan was a friend of mine. And Mitt Romney is reminding me an awful lot of Ronald Reagan.

The comment for which Romney is being so relentlessly and viciously scorned by Barack Obama and his merry band of media puppets sounds to me exactly like comments Ronald Reagan would have made.

It is indeed "disgraceful" for the US government to respond to the threat of an attack against an American embassy by issuing a statement condemning "the continuing efforts by misguided individuals to hurt the religious feelings of Muslims" and denouncing hurting their feelings as an "abuse" of free speech - and then as the embassy was being overrun and our flag burned issuing another statement saying they stand by that.

"It's disgraceful that the Obama Administration's first response was not to condemn attacks on our diplomatic missions, but to sympathize with those who waged the attacks."

Mitt Romney was simply but forcefully expressing, as Ronald Reagan so often did, what most Americans think and how they feel. And you can bet the Obama campaign realized this and found it frightening.

They said that they were "shocked" that Romney "would choose to launch a political attack" -- the usual and expected sort of political statement gibberish -- but isn't it revealing what they did? The Obama White House asked its media allies to report that the statement that Romney took such exception to "doesn't reflect the views of the U.S. government."

What? Isn't a U.S. Embassy an important part of the U.S. government, and all the more so when that embassy happens to be located in a country of great consequence to U.S. national interests? Isn't the U.S. Ambassador who leads that embassy - as anyone who is or ever has been one loves to remind people - the personal representative of the President of the United States? Wasn't the Obama Administration claiming that the U.S. government does not reflect the views of the U.S. government?

No matter. The media fell in line and trumpeted the charade.

Only days before, Democratic Party strategists had been boasting that this year they were going to turn on its head the usual order in which the Republican candidate for president is more trusted on foreign policy and the Democrat perceived to be weak because they were going to tout Obama "successes" overseas as a way to offset his failures at home.

And only a week earlier, Obama had in his acceptance speech mocked Romney as "new" to foreign affairs, doing so with supreme confidence that the media would not point out that he himself had claimed that his having lived in the largest Muslim country in the world, Indonesia, between the ages of six and ten counted for foreign policy experience.

How could Obama and his media allies counter the words that Romney had said that were resonating so well with average Americans?

First: Ignore what Romney actually said. Ignore the fact that the Obama White House itself claimed to take exception to what Romney had taken exception to.

Next: Ignore the fact that Barack Obama and John Kerry constantly carped about George W. Bush's handling of crises and instead pretend that there is something inherently wrong about a candidate for President criticizing an incumbent president during a crisis.

Then: Attack the very idea that Mitt Romney had dared say anything.

President Obama held a press conference September 12th at which he, naturally, bemoaned the killing of Americans and violence and spoke vaguely about justice being done. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton stood at his side. So many questions come to mind -- but neither of them took questions and soon Obama was off to Vegas to campaign and raise money.

Quite a contrast with what the media had in store for Mitt Romney. Certain journalists banned together and plotted a strategy for hammering Romney. They deliberately conspired to make it appear that the key thing that should be on the minds of the American people that day was the thought that it is almost beneath contempt that the challenger would challenge the Obama Administration for placing our first emphasis on apologetic worrying that some Muslims might have had their feelings hurt. Not one reporter at Romney's news conference asked him why he thought that was wrong. Instead every - every - question put to him was a not-so-subtle denunciation of his having dared to criticize.

Calling Romney's statement "toughly worded," one asked, "Do you regret the tone?" Another asked if he thought it "appropriate" to criticize when the crisis was "unfolding." Another asked if he thought he was "jumping the gun."

Note the difference: Barack Obama, who can depend on the media to fawn over him rather than challenge him, took no chance that some difficult question might come his way. Mitt Romney, who risks being accused of making a gaffe if he says hello, stood there like a man, like a leader, like a real President, stood firm and forcefully articulated why the United States needs to act like the great and powerful country that it is. Just like Reagan would. Check it out.

Barack Obama then sat down with one of his main sponsors, CBS' 60 Minutes, and said silly things such as that Mitt Romney shoots first and aims later without any fear they would remind him that he was the guy who denounced the Cambridge, Massachusetts, police department for acting "stupidly" while admitting he had no idea of any facts in the case to which he had referred. And without any fear that even given such strong evidence that his foreign policy was a complete debacle they might ask him if he still believes, as he claimed the last time he sat down with 60 Minutes, that he is at least America's fourth greatest President, possibly the greatest.

Obama and Hillary Clinton then effectively hid, even though they had little cause to worry that their media allies would turn on them and ask any truly difficult questions about possible dereliction of duty and whether they stand by their claims that what happened in Cairo and Benghazi was really just the work of a few misguided people rather than clear evidence that radical Islam is at war with us.

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/2012/...#ixzz26aiMdygz
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

They said that they were "shocked" that Romney "would choose to launch a political attack"
    Guess these idiots forgot the left's reaction to Katrina.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

I agree. This was one of Romneys "Reaganesque" moments. I can only pray there will be many more of them.
    http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd445/JansGraphix/ConsUndergrd-Sig2.jpg
    Liberalism is just communism sold by the drink.

Quote Originally Posted by Janice View Post
    I agree. This was one of Romneys "Reaganesque" moments. I can only pray there will be many more of them.
    The bonus to all this is that Obama is sounding and acting like Carter.
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Guess these idiots forgot the left's reaction to Katrina.
    Not to mention how they spoke about Bush's conduct of the war. Remember Al Gore bellowing that Bush betrayed the US? Or various Democrats comparing Gitmo to concentration camps? What it all comes down to is that to the left, there is no such thing as legitimate criticism of anything they say or do, only abject submission, just like Islam.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Rock, when was your epiphany(sp?)?

I've seen this for years... Zero is Carter's second term. Romney is no Reagan though. Romney is being forced upon us... Plain. And. Simple.

Every fiber of my being is screaming; "NO NO NO"....

You work with livestock, you know bullshit when you see it....
    Every Conservative on this board knows this to be true... We are being fed a shit sandwich! Vote FOR Romney? Hell no! Ryan is a different story. I see a glimmer of hope with Ryan...

You tell me I'm wrong....

This is said as a friend... Member, I knew you, when
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

Quote Originally Posted by Apache View Post
    ; "NO NO NO"....

You work with livestock, you know bullshit when you see it....
    Every Conservative on this board knows this to be true... We are being fed a shit sandwich! Vote FOR Romney? Hell no! Ryan is a different story. I see a glimmer of hope with Ryan...

You tell me I'm wrong....

This is said as a friend... Member, I knew you, when
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHJGUKwNCtk

Cute!

I wasn't trying to be, though...

You want a jukebox?

OK!

Let's see you beat this...

Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

Unfortunately, there will be no landslide victory for Romney even if Obama does something incredibly stupid. Since Reagan, liberals have had over two decades to perfect their stupidity.

Reagan became President 30 years ago. He raised taxes as part of his fiscal plan and gave weapons to terrorists. Attacks by terrorists did not decrease during his tenure. American/western hostages were held in Lebanon, some of whom were killed, and Reagan cut and run from Beiruit after hundreds of our Marines were killed when terrorists bombed their barracks.

So, I guess if Romney looks Reaganesque, it's not that bad of a thing for Obama.