Thread: Apologies from Libya in Pictures

Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1 Apologies from Libya in Pictures 
    Senior Member Gina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Western MI
    Posts
    2,358
    Link
    Here's the first one in case you don't believe it.

    Good men sleep peaceably in their beds at night because
    rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.



    Real superheroes don't wear capes. They wear dog tags.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #2  
    Power CUer NJCardFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    15,315
    Profit? The lefties will be all over that one.
    "Inequality is a false notion propagated by those who are made to feel guilty for what they have by those who are jealous for what they don't"-Former MTV Host Kennedy
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #3  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,468
    Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Profit? The lefties will be all over that one.
    I doubt it. Judging from DU, that's how lefties often spell it themselves thinking it's correct.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #4  
    LTC Member Odysseus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    FT Belvoir, VA
    Posts
    15,639
    The problem with Libya is that there is no real government, just a collection of militias and a prime minister who has about as much power over them as Obama does over the weather. In this case, it looks like one of the militias, an al Qaeda affiliate, conducted a carefully planned attack on the US. The PM apologized within minutes of the facts being presented to him, and he may actually take action against the bad guys, although it will not be easy for him to do it. If this weren't recurring all over the Middle East, it could be treated as an internal matter for Libya's security forces, but because this is simply one of many of these incidents, the real concern is where the next attack will overwhelm an embassy or consulate, and whether it results in a worse MASSCAL event, or a hostage situation. We need real leadership in the White House. Perhaps between fundraising trips, Obama might take a moment and sit in on one of his security briefings...?
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

    Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #5  
    Senior Member Gina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Western MI
    Posts
    2,358
    Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    The problem with Libya is that there is no real government, just a collection of militias and a prime minister who has about as much power over them as Obama does over the weather. In this case, it looks like one of the militias, an al Qaeda affiliate, conducted a carefully planned attack on the US. The PM apologized within minutes of the facts being presented to him, and he may actually take action against the bad guys, although it will not be easy for him to do it. If this weren't recurring all over the Middle East, it could be treated as an internal matter for Libya's security forces, but because this is simply one of many of these incidents, the real concern is where the next attack will overwhelm an embassy or consulate, and whether it results in a worse MASSCAL event, or a hostage situation. We need real leadership in the White House. Perhaps between fundraising trips, Obama might take a moment and sit in on one of his security briefings...?
    Who knew you were such a racist!?
    Good men sleep peaceably in their beds at night because
    rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.



    Real superheroes don't wear capes. They wear dog tags.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #6  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    8,114
    Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    The problem with Libya is that there is no real government, just a collection of militias and a prime minister who has about as much power over them as Obama does over the weather...

    You mean Obama doesn't control the weather??

    (What about that there HAARP set-up in Alaska? )
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #7  
    LTC Member Odysseus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    FT Belvoir, VA
    Posts
    15,639
    Quote Originally Posted by Gina View Post
    Who knew you were such a racist!?
    Well, to hear the media tell it, everybody who is still voting for Obama thinks that I am.

    Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    You mean Obama doesn't control the weather??

    (What about that there HAARP set-up in Alaska? )
    Nope, that whole lowering the oceans and healing the planet thing was just megalomania and narcissism.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

    Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #8  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    8,114
    Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post

    Nope, that whole lowering the oceans and healing the planet thing was just megalomania and narcissism.
    Then someone should tell Jesse Ventura.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #9  
    Senior Member Gina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Western MI
    Posts
    2,358
    Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    Then someone should tell Jesse Ventura.
    And Sid Roth!
    Good men sleep peaceably in their beds at night because
    rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.



    Real superheroes don't wear capes. They wear dog tags.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •