1. #1 My LTTE ruffled some Dem. feathers 
    Some local Democrats aren't too happy with me. I wrote an LTTE commenting on their local office's recent tweet favorably reporting a question at an education forum. The citizen asking the question referred to people who reject "climate change" as "idiots." The tweet was definitely not a quotation, but clearly agreeing with the person's insult. I pointed this out matter-of-factly in my very brief LTTE. Result? FOUR tweets from the person behind the Twitter account which said I was attacking them (never mind their attack on those of us who reject the "climate change" nonsense), tried to shift blame for the tweet on the person asking the question, and claimed "climate change" had been scientifically proven just like evolution and pi not being 3 (which was a not-so-subtle reference to the false idea that the Bible teaches pi equals 3). In addition, some Democrats invaded the local GOP campaign office in order to complain about the letter and complain that they couldn't find any such tweet. My state representative, who I've gotten to know a bit, was there at the time and knew about the tweet my LTTE referred to, so she found the tweet and read it aloud to them. Pretty funny!

Oh, and just as funny, on Facebook, the same local office also favorably pointed out (cluelessly) someone else's recent LTTE that took a tongue-in-cheek dig at the Democrats' opposition to our state's proposed voter ID amendment. The letter writer said to keep in mind that the amendment would make it much more difficult for Democrats to vote. These Democrats thought it was in favor of their position on the amendment! I'm still laughing!
    Last edited by Hubie; 09-16-2012 at 11:26 PM.

Hubie, in which state do you live? Glad that you had your letter published. Good for you riling those Dem feathers. I've only had one published since I've been in Sarasota. I don't think they understood my subtle digs, so our lib rag actually published it. Keep up the good work.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

Liberals hate it when you challenge their positions. They'll accuse you of attacking all the while attacking anyone who disagrees with them. Double standards are a bitch, you know?
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubie View Post
    FOUR tweets from the person behind the Twitter account which said I was attacking them (never mind their attack on those of us who reject the "climate change" nonsense), tried to shift blame for the tweet on the person asking the question, and claimed "climate change" had been scientifically proven just like evolution and pi not being 3 (which was a not-so-subtle reference to the false idea that the Bible teaches pi equals 3).

Just one question from a lifelong Catholic. I never heard that the Bible had any position on pi. Where did your opponents dig that one up?

Also, great job getting under their elitist skin and could you please provide a link to your LTTE?

Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    Just one question from a lifelong Catholic. I never heard that the Bible had any position on pi. Where did your opponents dig that one up?
    It's an old canard based on the measurements of a crafted object in 1 Kings 7. Bible skeptics rip a single verse -- verse 23 -- completely out of context like they always do and declare that the Bible is in error. Here's one of them getting the tar beaten out of him by some mathematicians:

http://mathforum.org/library/drmath/view/52573.html

Also, great job getting under their elitist skin and could you please provide a link to your LTTE?
    Given that people like Nova and members of DU peruse these pages, I'm not really wanting them to know my real name and where I live.