Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 17 of 17
  1. #11  
    Power CUer noonwitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Warren, MI
    Posts
    12,873
    Quote Originally Posted by DumbAss Tanker View Post
    That would be a good point, if what she took for her position wasn't totally contrary to all evidence known up to that point and if it had any evidence of its own to support it. Apparently Libyan survivors say there wasn't any demonstration or riot first.

    She is either too witless or too dishonest to be in her present position, the only problem is deciding which.
    I think that the administration is also being cautious in a desire to separate the actions of the protestors from the killings of Americans. The only place in which the demonstrations thus far have been coupled with American fatalities is Libya. Diplomats don't want to say anything that could be used to further inflame the situation in Egypt, Yemen, etc.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #12  
    Power CUer NJCardFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    16,309
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    I don't have a problem with diplomats avoiding speculating on such things before the investigation is complete.

    We, the people, can be pains in the butt with our need for immediate answers to questions that might not have answers yet. Rice could come up with some mollifying bs, or she can say simply "we have not seen that yet".
    The Libyan PM says it was a planned attack. Our UN Ambassador says it isn't. The Libyan PM is in country and knows these people. Who are you inclined to believe?
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #13  
    Power CUer NJCardFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    16,309
    Romney has shown repeatedly that he has no knowledge of world affairs
    As opposed to Obama who even after nearly 4 years as president still has no clue on world affairs. He either is clueless or he is deliberately emboldening the jihadis. Either way it borders on near treason.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #14  
    Power CUer noonwitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Warren, MI
    Posts
    12,873
    Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    The Libyan PM says it was a planned attack. Our UN Ambassador says it isn't. The Libyan PM is in country and knows these people. Who are you inclined to believe?
    Rice did not make a definitive claim that it was not a planned attack. The headline is misleading. She stated that they did not have evidence yet that it was planned.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #15  
    LTC Member Odysseus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    FT Belvoir, VA
    Posts
    15,638
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    I don't have a problem with diplomats avoiding speculating on such things before the investigation is complete.

    We, the people, can be pains in the butt with our need for immediate answers to questions that might not have answers yet. Rice could come up with some mollifying bs, or she can say simply "we have not seen that yet".
    Well, we, the people, are supposed to be the ones in charge, aren't we? We are supposed to get the facts. If you don't know the answer, then state that you are not privy to the results of the investigation, and do not want to compromise it with speculation.

    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    Rice did not make a definitive claim that it was not a planned attack. The headline is misleading. She stated that they did not have evidence yet that it was planned.
    There is lots of evidence that it was planned, which is why the Libyans are admitting it. Had she stated that she didn't know, personally, if it was planned, then she might have been on solid ground (although one would have to be a gibbering idiot to not know that RPGs and similar weapons tend not to spontaneously appear at clandestine safe houses just as the US ambassador is being spirited there after a well-coordinated riot breaches the consulate), but to claim that they don't have evidence is absurd.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

    Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #16  
    CU Royalty JB's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    8,095
    The 0bamaNewsPACs say it was planned, the administration said it wasn't.

    The administration says it was planned, the 0bamaNewsPACs say it wasn't.

    Well, was it? And I see Romney is all over the news today. I guess the embassy fires have all been extinguished and the Muslims love us again?
    Be Not Afraid.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #17  
    LTC Member Odysseus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    FT Belvoir, VA
    Posts
    15,638
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Well, was it? And I see Romney is all over the news today. I guess the embassy fires have all been extinguished and the Muslims love us again?
    And if you say otherwise, you're a racist.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

    Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •