1. #1 College suspends professor for allegedly attempting to force students to vote for Oba 
    A college professor has been placed on leave after she allegedly forced her class to sign a pledge to vote for President Obama in the upcoming elections.

Early last week Professor Sharon Sweet at Brevard Community College (BCC) allegedly told students to sign a pledge that reads: “I pledge to vote for President Obama and Democrats up and down the ticket.”

A college professor has been placed on leave after she allegedly forced her class to sign a pledge to vote for President Obama in the 2012 elections.

The pledge was printed off of GottaVote.org, a website funded by the Obama campaign.

University administrators said they learned about the incident late Thursday afternoon and launched an investigation, after they received a phone call from a concerned parent.

“Based on the allegations, Associate Professor Sweet has requested, and been granted, a leave of absence without pay effective immediately,” reads a statement put out by John Glisch, Associate Vice President for Communications at BCC.

“The college will continue its investigation into the matter, which will include interviews with all students in her class,” continues the statement.

Sweet’s actions may have also violated Florida’s election laws.

Section 104.31, of Title IX in chapter 104, states that “no officer or employee of the state... shall... use his or her official authority or influence for the purpose of interfering with an election or nomination of officer or influencing another person’s vote or affecting the result thereof.”

http://www.campusreform.org/blog/?ID=4364

With all the crap that will go on between now and election day it will take divine intervention to overcome all the illegal activities and still win the election.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Expect a large-scale federal investigation of the school soon. You don't cross THE ONE without repercussions.

In the meantime, this is kind of amusing: http://www.ratemyprofessors.com/Show...sp?tid=1034158

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    A college professor has been placed on leave after she allegedly forced her class to sign a pledge to vote for President Obama in the upcoming elections.

Early last week Professor Sharon Sweet at Brevard Community College (BCC) allegedly told students to sign a pledge that reads: “I pledge to vote for President Obama and Democrats up and down the ticket.”

A college professor has been placed on leave after she allegedly forced her class to sign a pledge to vote for President Obama in the 2012 elections.

The pledge was printed off of GottaVote.org, a website funded by the Obama campaign.

University administrators said they learned about the incident late Thursday afternoon and launched an investigation, after they received a phone call from a concerned parent.

“Based on the allegations, Associate Professor Sweet has requested, and been granted, a leave of absence without pay effective immediately,” reads a statement put out by John Glisch, Associate Vice President for Communications at BCC.

“The college will continue its investigation into the matter, which will include interviews with all students in her class,” continues the statement.

Sweet’s actions may have also violated Florida’s election laws.

Section 104.31, of Title IX in chapter 104, states that “no officer or employee of the state... shall... use his or her official authority or influence for the purpose of interfering with an election or nomination of officer or influencing another person’s vote or affecting the result thereof.”

http://www.campusreform.org/blog/?ID=4364

With all the crap that will go on between now and election day it will take divine intervention to overcome all the illegal activities and still win the election.
    WTF! Over!

First it's Romney, now Zero?

What has happened to our electoral system?

Is anyone at the switch?

Would I vote fro Paul? NO! Why are we being force-fed these assholes?

Dammit!
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

Quote Originally Posted by Apache View Post
    WTF! Over!

First it's Romney, now Zero?

What has happened to our electoral system?

Is anyone at the switch?

Would I vote fro Paul? NO! Why are we being force-fed these assholes?

Dammit!
    Translation: "I will not vote for Romney based on some idiotic principles. If this means 4 more years of Obama, meh."

Oh, and if you think Ron Paul is a better choice, you're either on drugs or totally insane.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

This professor is way out of line. I hope she gets fired.

On the other hand, signing a pledge isn't the same as actually voting that way. It's wrong to expect the students to sign it, but they are still free to vote how they want come election day.

My mom had a professor in nursing school who ate chocolate-covered bumblebees and each member of the class had to eat one or fail the class. My mom swallowed hers like a pill.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    This professor is way out of line. I hope she gets fired.

On the other hand, signing a pledge isn't the same as actually voting that way. It's wrong to expect the students to sign it, but they are still free to vote how they want come election day.

My mom had a professor in nursing school who ate chocolate-covered bumblebees and each member of the class had to eat one or fail the class. My mom swallowed hers like a pill.
    Wow, because eating a bumblebee totally has to deal with nursing.

Btw, some people actually feel that pledges mean something and by signing one they'd be breaking a promise they made.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Translation: "I will not vote for Romney based on some idiotic principles. If this means 4 more years of Obama, meh."

Oh, and if you think Ron Paul is a better choice, you're either on drugs or totally insane.
    Where in the hell did you get that from what I wrote?

Do you actually comprehend word meanings?
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

Quote Originally Posted by Wibbins View Post
    Wow, because eating a bumblebee totally has to deal with nursing.

Btw, some people actually feel that pledges mean something and by signing one they'd be breaking a promise they made.
    There are pledges made in the name of something (God, country, oaths), and there are stupid things you sign to make sure your prof doesn't flunk you.

I'm glad someone reported it-this is beyond politics, although this example is one of a teacher using the bully pulpit to address politics. It's about teachers/professors abusing their power over their students for whatever personal reasons. It's good to know that at least one student didn't eat the bumblebee in this case.