Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

1. #1 Controversial private fund-raiser video shows candid Romney 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    I just keep shaking my head at Romney...

Posted by
    CNN Political Unit

(CNN) – Mitt Romney on Monday said his controversial statements caught on tape were "off the cuff" and "not elegantly stated," but he defended the main message of his remarks.

In the footage, taped with a hidden camera, Romney argued nearly half of Americans will vote for President Barack Obama because they rely on government support, made apparent jokes about wishing he had Latino heritage, and talks about a Chinese factory his former firm purchased.

"There are 47 percent of the people who will vote for the president no matter what," Romney says in one clip. "There are 47 percent who are with him, who are dependent on government, who believe that, that they are victims, who believe that government has the responsibility to care for them. Who believe that they are entitled to health care, to food, to housing."

Can he figure out another way to stick his foot in his mouth???
    May the FORCE be with you!

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    I just keep shaking my head at Romney...

Can he figure out another way to stick his foot in his mouth???
    Wow telling the truth is considered putting ones foot in ones mouth?
    We're from Philadelphia, We Fight- Chip Kelly

Power CUer
    He puts his foot in his mouth when he says that everyone receiving "entitlements" has a "victim" mentality - like my slacker of a father, 91 years old, who fought in World War II, had a successful career until his retirement - but who now receives Social Security and pays taxes on capital gains rather than income. (Hmmm, sounds familiar, somehow....) And who thinks voting for Romney would be like voting for Thurston Howell III. It doesn't help that Romney is ACTING like Thurston Howell III.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

For what it's worth, the mainstream media is now calling him "Thurston Howell III".

We are going to fixate on Romney stating the obvious while Obama's foreign policy and basically every accomplishment he has had is blowing up in his face.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    For what it's worth, the mainstream media is now calling him "Thurston Howell III".
    LOL! Wow.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    Given that Thurston Howell III was married for years to the only woman he ever loved and deep down underneath his capitalist pigdog exterior had a heart of gold that truly cared for people, they might want to rethink that comparison if their goal is to smear Romney.

Power CUer
    I'm not sure Ann Romney would consider being compared to "Lovey" a compliment. SR is right - Romney can't keep coming off the way he is and expect to win. Does Obama objectively deserve a second term? No, he does not. So why hand him one, gift wrapped?

Quote Originally Posted by Hubie View Post
    Given that Thurston Howell III was married for years to the only woman he ever loved and deep down underneath his capitalist pigdog exterior had a heart of gold that truly cared for people, they might want to rethink that comparison if their goal is to smear Romney.

I always thought there was something going on between Mr. Howell and Ginger.

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    He puts his foot in his mouth when he says that everyone receiving "entitlements" has a "victim" mentality - like my slacker of a father, 91 years old, who fought in World War II, had a successful career until his retirement - but who now receives Social Security and pays taxes on capital gains rather than income. (Hmmm, sounds familiar, somehow....) And who thinks voting for Romney would be like voting for Thurston Howell III. It doesn't help that Romney is ACTING like Thurston Howell III.
    Well maybe Romney has to adjust what he said to just people who are getting welfare type enlistments, but isn't your dad getting a lot more money back from SS then he ever put in? Lets not make him out to be totally non-dependent. I know he doesn't sound like a slacker but please withhold the self righteousness to a bare minimum.
    We're from Philadelphia, We Fight- Chip Kelly