Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    And yet the American companies that have gone there pay wagest 10 times what the average Chinese could make otherwise.

Apple had...IRRC...16,000 show up for 4,000 jobs.
    Apple is one of the companies that puts the nets up around it's factories and dorms, to keep the people who are working 36 hour shifts from jumping to their deaths.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    Apple is one of the companies that puts the nets up around it's factories and dorms, to keep the people who are working 36 hour shifts from jumping to their deaths.
    Annnnd you'd be wrong. The company that runs that plant is Foxconn...Apple simple uses them as a supplier. Foxconn also in these same plants makes computer parts for HP, Packard Bel,l Sony, Dell, Nokia and others.

The nets weren't Apple's idea. It was government shrinks.

Facts...tricky things...
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    Did you listen to what he said about the factory in China he visited, when considering aquiring it for Bain Capital? He said that it had a fence around it to keep people out because they wanted to work there so badly. He also made a comment about the dorms the workers lived in.

I guess the factory he visited didn't have the safety nets around the windows to prevent worker suicides. There's a reason why things from China are so cheap. They treat their workers like crap.
    I have read 3 books about China in the past year and there is nothing incorrect about Romney's statement, the people do wait in line for factory jobs and not many of them get to make the money a factory pays.
    As for the suicide nets, suicide is way to common throughout Communist China and is the price you pay when you install leftist communist governments and take away every bit of hope for a decent life that people have. How is Obama working out for you?
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

The excuse given is pretty lame. The camera just shut itself off for apparently no reason. Not "the battery ran out, so I had to change it quick" or "I accidentally pushed a button that made it stop recording." No, it just "inadvertently" turned itself off. And why wasn't this explained before they released the recording? Obviously, they assumed no one would notice.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubie View Post
    The excuse given is pretty lame. The camera just shut itself off for apparently no reason. Not "the battery ran out, so I had to change it quick" or "I accidentally pushed a button that made it stop recording." No, it just "inadvertently" turned itself off. And why wasn't this explained before they released the recording? Obviously, they assumed no one would notice.
    All good questions. ANd nothing but crickets from teh left.

The only attempt at a defense was from David Corn...and his insistence that the whole tape was played got quickly shot down.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

All good questions. ANd nothing but crickets from teh left.

The only attempt at a defense was from David Corn...and his insistence that the whole tape was played got quickly shot down.
    Not entirely.

There's actually a claim by some on the Left that because this has also been added to the Moonbat Jones article:

Update: Due to a production error, a section of part one of the full Romney "47 percent" video was not initially uploaded properly and an intial section was omitted. This has now been remedied.
    that somehow means that the two minutes that didn't get recorded, somehow got recorded, and they have been edited back in!

I'm serious! Someone is actually arguing that on the Left.
    Olde-style, states' rights conservative. Ask if this concept confuses you.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Wood View Post
    that somehow means that the two minutes that didn't get recorded, somehow got recorded, and they have been edited back in!
    They have no shame. They're nothing but a bunch of lying liars. It's like nothing I've ever seen before.

OT: Where has DWS been? She was good for about a lie a day there for a while. I think they got a muzzle on her.
    Be Not Afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    They have no shame. They're nothing but a bunch of lying liars. It's like nothing I've ever seen before.

OT: Where has DWS been? She was good for about a lie a day there for a while. I think they got a muzzle on her.
    I think that they must have shackled her to a basement wall at her summer home in New Hampshire after the abject embarrassment she caused at the DNC. NOBODY could overlook that whopper, and I'm guessing that there's more than one red face about her over at team Obama.
    Olde-style, states' rights conservative. Ask if this concept confuses you.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    The Left and their pals in the media will go to any lengths to get oBAMA elected again.

This is the worst I've ever seen things.
    May the FORCE be with you!

Good men sleep peaceably in their beds at night because
    rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Real superheroes don't wear capes. They wear dog tags.