Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Has anyone seen a Romney bumper sticker on a Prius? 
    We finally are getting civilized in Sarasota, at least shopping wise. A couple of years ago a Whole Foods opened here. A few weeks ago a Costco opened. Now, my shopping is complete. A Trader Joe's opened here. We waited a week, before checking it out, because the citizens of Sarasota had flocked to the grand opening. I heard at the physical therapy place where I go to work out that you couldn't get into TJ's small, 90 car parking lot. Traffic was backed up on Hwy 41, otherwise known as the Tamiami Trail.

I digress. The subject of this silly little thread is to discover if anyone has spied a Prius with a Romney bumper sticker. A total jerk of a guy in a Prius almost ran me down in the TJ lot. When I stopped to give him the official "You're a jerk" look, I spotted his back bumper. Of course there was an Obama sticker with the Forward on it. I didn't think that I'd see those stickers at Trader Joe's, as it's normally not as upscale as Whole Foods.

Never will I buy a Prius. I don't want everyone thinking that I'm a libtard. Of course when I open my mouth, they'd abandon that idea pretty quickly.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

Power CUer
    I have seen very few bumper stickers for either candidate on any kind of car, in my area. The ones for Obama are left over from 2008. People are keeping their preferences to themselves (or, they've learned that stickers can do damage to the finish).
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Unless it's magnetic we're not putting anything on the Bimmer.
    May the FORCE be with you!

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    I have seen very few bumper stickers for either candidate on any kind of car, in my area. The ones for Obama are left over from 2008. People are keeping their preferences to themselves (or, they've learned that stickers can do damage to the finish).
    In lovely Florida there are quite a few bumper stickers, mostly libs with the lib mobiles, but there's an increasing number of Romney stickers.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

We don't have a lot of Prius' around here. I only see them around Somerset Mall, which is the upscale mall in Troy.

Most people in my neighborhood drive either American cars or the regular gas-powered Toyotas/Hondas/Kias/etc. But being SE Michigan, there are lots of Obama stickers and yard signs around here. I would guess there are plenty of Romney signs in the Grosse Pointes and Birmingham/Bloomfield Hills, but Detroit and Warren are mostly Obama territory.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    In lovely Florida there are quite a few bumper stickers, mostly libs with the lib mobiles, but there's an increasing number of Romney stickers.
    I saw a Romney sticker on a Camry. Frankly, I was surprised. I generally think of Republican stickers as going on Crown Victorias and Chevrolet/Dodge trucks.

The only sticker I have on my truck (candy apple red frequently clean and waxed) is my parking sticker. Sure, there are some things I would like to say to piss other people off, but why should my truck suffer being keyed by an illegal alien or sympathizer?

I can't imagine why someone would put a sticker on the paint of a car. The first time I saw this, was tright after Bill Clinton was elected, I swear this is the truth, in SPringfield Virginia and some geezer had put an "Impeach Clinton" sticker on the trunk lid of his Crown Victoria. I was stunned that anyway would put a sticker on the paint of a nice car.

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    Since we're not that far apart, geographically, I'm surprised. I see a lot more Obama stickers in Fairfax County than Romney, although as you go further south,that changes. Many of the Obama stickers have the 2012 campaign graphics, so they are new. Of course, given the sheer volume of government employees here, that's to be expected.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    I saw a Romney sticker on a Camry. Frankly, I was surprised. I generally think of Republican stickers as going on Crown Victorias and Chevrolet/Dodge trucks.
    If you call anyone here bigoted again you should be banned.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

As was said up thread, there's not too many political stickers and the Obama ones are leftovers. I've not seen a Prius in Kentwood. A few in Grand Rapids but stickers are few and far between.
    Good men sleep peaceably in their beds at night because
    rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Real superheroes don't wear capes. They wear dog tags.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    Now why would you think that, I have a Romney sticker on my 2000 Toyota Corolla. (I put it on the window so it was high enough to see).
    I dream of the day a chicken can cross the road without it's motives being questioned.

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    How is a state religion bad, but state medicine good?
    Quote Originally Posted by steamboatpete View Post
    Anyone who makes the decision to depend upon the government to take care of their basic needs has essentially doomed himself to a life of bitter disappointment.