Thread: Question for contemplation

1. #1 Question for contemplation 
    Would a lame-duck one-term Obama be more dangerous in the grand scheme of things than a full second term for him?

Quote Originally Posted by Hubie View Post
    Would a lame-duck one-term Obama be more dangerous in the grand scheme of things than a full second term for him?
    Are you asking if a final 3 months of Obama would be more dangerous than a 4 year lame duck term? You do the math, dude.
    "Inequality is a false notion propagated by those who are made to feel guilty for what they have by those who are jealous for what they don't"-Former MTV Host Kennedy

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Are you asking if a final 3 months of Obama would be more dangerous than a 4 year lame duck term? You do the math, dude.
    Yeah, but we're talking about a narcissistic megalomaniac here. When he's defeated in November, he's going to be PISSED. It would not be difficult to see him taking it out on the American people.

At least it would be a shorter time and hopefully the Republicans would have more control of the Senate. A new president could reverse any executive decisions, so it would be a short term pain.

Let's worry about that when it happens. SR always accuses me of worrying about everything, so I'm trying to stay more calm. It's tough this election year.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

Yes.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Yeah, but we're talking about a narcissistic megalomaniac here. When he's defeated in November, he's going to be PISSED. It would not be difficult to see him taking it out on the American people.
    He will ram through everything he can by EO between the day after he loses and the middle of January 2013.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    He will ram through everything he can by EO between the day after he loses and the middle of January 2013.
    But by tradition a new president reviews all those EO's so here is hoping Romney will overturn them
    We're from Philadelphia, We Fight- Chip Kelly

Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    But by tradition a new president reviews all those EO's so here is hoping Romney will overturn them
    I'm sure he will...but there's all kinds of poison pills he can leave behind in the form of people in key positions at Justice...Defense...other agencies where they can carry out the Obama agenda as career bureaucrats under the Presidential radar.

Clinton did the same thing when he left office.

Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    I'm sure he will...but there's all kinds of poison pills he can leave behind in the form of people in key positions at Justice...Defense...other agencies where they can carry out the Obama agenda as career bureaucrats under the Presidential radar.

Clinton did the same thing when he left office.
    So you're mostly talking about Presidential appointments and Executive Orders. I was going to agree with NJ Cardfan but I was thinking of the Republican Congress, and there's no way they'd let any nasty legislation get through in 3 months. The GOP would have nothing to lose by stamping on every Senate bill and every WH suggestion, so Obama would get nowhere with legislating. But, he could definitely leave behind Executive orders and recess appointments (as well as pardons) that could muck things up.

Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    So you're mostly talking about Presidential appointments and Executive Orders. I was going to agree with NJ Cardfan but I was thinking of the Republican Congress, and there's no way they'd let any nasty legislation get through in 3 months. The GOP would have nothing to lose by stamping on every Senate bill and every WH suggestion, so Obama would get nowhere with legislating. But, he could definitely leave behind Executive orders and recess appointments (as well as pardons) that could muck things up.
    Yeah that's what I was thinking of. He's already proven that he will bypass the Congress to get done what he wants done via EO or just flat out saying that he doesn't like whatever law is on the books and will refuse to enforce it.

I think he'll do that on steroids come November. Every thing he hasn't gotten done he'll do by EO prior to handing over the keys to Romney.