Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    She has read all those stupid twighlight books.
    You're right about those Twilight books being crap. Hell, Pixar did a better love story in 10 minutes with the movie "Up" than all of the "Twilight" movies put together.
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

Quote Originally Posted by Zathras View Post
    You're right about those Twilight books being crap. Hell, Pixar did a better love story in 10 minutes with the movie "Up" than all of the "Twilight" movies put together.
    But "Up" didn't have vampires.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubie View Post
    Neither does Twilight.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubie View Post
    Neither do the Twilight movies. Real Vampires don't sparkle in the sun.
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

Thread track 1: I've read all three HG books but waited until all were out and then read them through 1-2-3

I'll do the movies the same way assuming my daughter the librarian recommends them - she will see them in the theater in the first week they are out. Then we will discuss how they screwed up the story.

Thread track 2: Back before kindergarten existed, in the ancient times, I was reading at 3rd or 4th grade level when I started in first. My sister (who had cerebral palsy) and I used to lay on the floor and I would read to her. About the time she was 5 or 6 she made it clear to me to shut up, she was reading it to herself faster than I read it to her. We lost her to double pneumonia when she was 8.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    Live every day as if it were your last, because one of these days, it will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Retread View Post
    Thread track 1: I've read all three HG books but waited until all were out and then read them through 1-2-3

I'll do the movies the same way assuming my daughter the librarian recommends them - she will see them in the theater in the first week they are out. Then we will discuss how they screwed up the story.

Thread track 2: Back before kindergarten existed, in the ancient times, I was reading at 3rd or 4th grade level when I started in first. My sister (who had cerebral palsy) and I used to lay on the floor and I would read to her. About the time she was 5 or 6 she made it clear to me to shut up, she was reading it to herself faster than I read it to her. We lost her to double pneumonia when she was 8.
    I'm sorry for your loss. This story is sweet and sad and thank you for telling it.
    Good men sleep peaceably in their beds at night because
    rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Real superheroes don't wear capes. They wear dog tags.