1. #1 Emmy telecast bombs in ratings and reviews 
    I wouldn't have even known the Emmys were on except for DU ooohing and ahhing over the snotty remarks by the winners.

Emmy telecast bombs in ratings and reviews

LOS ANGELES, Sept 22 (Reuters) - The 60th annual Primetime Emmys show, roundly panned by critics as perhaps the worst ever, laid a big, fat ratings egg as well, with early figures pointing to the smallest audience in the awards' history.

According to preliminary data from Nielsen Media Research, ABC's three-hour Sunday telecast, featuring major wins for "Mad Men" and "30 Rock," averaged 12.2 million viewers, falling just below the historic low of 12.3 million posted by the 1990 ceremony

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Who hosted it?

Sonnabend
    Who cares?

Still, ABC's cause was not helped by an Emmy presentation that critics largely derided as a flop, especially an oddly ad-libbed opening monologue shared by five reality-show hosts who served as the evening's collective emcees

In an apparent homage to their unscripted TV genre, Howie Mandell ("Deal or No Deal"), Ryan Seacrest ("American Idol") Jeff Probst ("Survivor"), Tom Bergeron ("Dancing with the Stars") and Heidi Klum ("Project Runway") took to the stage for about five minutes to joke about how they literally had nothing prepared to say.

Probst, Seacrest and Mandell then left the stage to Bergeron and Klum, who were joined by William Shatner for a gag that involved ripping off Klum's clothes.
    It took 5 of them to make it this bad.

Banned
    I have always avoided watching any form of Award Show. Just a bunch of conceited, self-important blowhards gathering around to blow smoke up their collective asses and shriek "We're great! We're great!" at each other. With the quality of what is on tv nowadays, it is a wonder to even believe that any of it is worthy of an award at all.

noonwitch
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
    I have always avoided watching any form of Award Show. Just a bunch of conceited, self-important blowhards gathering around to blow smoke up their collective asses and shriek "We're great! We're great!" at each other. With the quality of what is on tv nowadays, it is a wonder to even believe that any of it is worthy of an award at all.

I only watch the Oscars and the Daytime Emmys, the latter because they are so silly, they are fun. TV has become this wasteland of either reality tv or stupid, violent crap that I don't watch much that is on broadcast other than "The Simpsons" (and some of the other FOX cartoons), "Lost" and GH.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    I don't watch much that is on broadcast other than "The Simpsons" (and some of the other FOX cartoons), "Lost" and GH.
    TV hasn't been the same since The Sopranos left the air. :(

Although Smallville still has me hooked. & I still got HBO for the Sopranos on Demand & Entourage. South Park's still a classic for me too...matt & trey are some funny damn libertarians

Don't even get me started on reality shows....if my damn wife makes me sit through another season of VH1 / MTV claptrap I'm gettin divorced:mad:
    "Don't vote. It only encourages the bastards." -PJ O'Roarke

Mad Men is a good show (I've never seen 30 Rock) but there are so few shows involving scripts and human actors anymore that the whole award angle is pretty useless. They need to go back to simply giving each other awards at private functions and stop trying to pretend that anybody outside the industry really cares.

I didn’t partake, but some friends have said the beginning of the show was a 5-12 minute WTF? Moment. They also say that the network’s diligently squashed any video of the time-frame on virtually every website it has appeared on.

At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)