Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Controversial private fund-raiser video shows candid Romney 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    I just keep shaking my head at Romney...

Posted by
    CNN Political Unit

(CNN) Mitt Romney on Monday said his controversial statements caught on tape were "off the cuff" and "not elegantly stated," but he defended the main message of his remarks.

In the footage, taped with a hidden camera, Romney argued nearly half of Americans will vote for President Barack Obama because they rely on government support, made apparent jokes about wishing he had Latino heritage, and talks about a Chinese factory his former firm purchased.

"There are 47 percent of the people who will vote for the president no matter what," Romney says in one clip. "There are 47 percent who are with him, who are dependent on government, who believe that, that they are victims, who believe that government has the responsibility to care for them. Who believe that they are entitled to health care, to food, to housing."

Can he figure out another way to stick his foot in his mouth???
    May the FORCE be with you!

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    I just keep shaking my head at Romney...

Can he figure out another way to stick his foot in his mouth???
    Wow telling the truth is considered putting ones foot in ones mouth?
    We're from Philadelphia, We Fight- Chip Kelly

Power CUer
    He puts his foot in his mouth when he says that everyone receiving "entitlements" has a "victim" mentality - like my slacker of a father, 91 years old, who fought in World War II, had a successful career until his retirement - but who now receives Social Security and pays taxes on capital gains rather than income. (Hmmm, sounds familiar, somehow....) And who thinks voting for Romney would be like voting for Thurston Howell III. It doesn't help that Romney is ACTING like Thurston Howell III.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

For what it's worth, the mainstream media is now calling him "Thurston Howell III".

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    He puts his foot in his mouth when he says that everyone receiving "entitlements" has a "victim" mentality - like my slacker of a father, 91 years old, who fought in World War II, had a successful career until his retirement - but who now receives Social Security and pays taxes on capital gains rather than income. (Hmmm, sounds familiar, somehow....) And who thinks voting for Romney would be like voting for Thurston Howell III. It doesn't help that Romney is ACTING like Thurston Howell III.
    Well maybe Romney has to adjust what he said to just people who are getting welfare type enlistments, but isn't your dad getting a lot more money back from SS then he ever put in? Lets not make him out to be totally non-dependent. I know he doesn't sound like a slacker but please withhold the self righteousness to a bare minimum.

We are going to fixate on Romney stating the obvious while Obama's foreign policy and basically every accomplishment he has had is blowing up in his face.
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    For what it's worth, the mainstream media is now calling him "Thurston Howell III".
    LOL! Wow.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

He could have said it better but he is totally right, most who would vote for Obama have the "hand out" syndrome. What I don't get is why does this gaff get traction but all the ones Obama said in 08 didn't get much of a mention in the MSM? Case in point, the bitter clinger speech, their energy bills will skyrocket under my green energy plant and "the spread it around talk with joe the plumber"

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    Well maybe Romney has to adjust what he said to just people who are getting welfare type enlistments, but isn't your dad getting a lot more money back from SS then he ever put in? Lets not make him out to be totally non-dependent. I know he doesn't sound like a slacker but please withhold the self righteousness to a bare minimum.
    He probably is, and he could probably live just fine without it. Remember, SS was intended to be part of a "three legged stool" - Social Security, pensions, and personal savings. He is of the last generation to be well covered by pensions, and he was always excellent at personal savings (he always bought cars and houses for cash, and taught me not to have debt!). That three legged stool is now a TWO legged stool, and we have to do the best we can to make up the third "leg", which I think most people are not doing or not able to do. Social Security was sold as something that was not means tested; EVERYONE pays in and EVERYONE gets something out. It was great while it lasted. :)

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    He probably is, and he could probably live just fine without it. Remember, SS was intended to be part of a "three legged stool" - Social Security, pensions, and personal savings. He is of the last generation to be well covered by pensions, and he was always excellent at personal savings (he always bought cars and houses for cash, and taught me not to have debt!). That three legged stool is now a TWO legged stool, and we have to do the best we can to make up the third "leg", which I think most people are not doing or not able to do. Social Security was sold as something that was not means tested; EVERYONE pays in and EVERYONE gets something out. It was great while it lasted. :)
    Well some got more then others. :)