Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    Some of the grammar and punctuation is worthy of a 12 year old.

That doesn't mean the writer is 12. My supervisor and section manager are always telling me how well I write. I don't think I'm all that great, and I make mistakes. High school was a long time ago. It does make me wonder how badly the rest of my coworkers write if the bosses think I'm that good at it.
    Another result of Democratic/union control of public school.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    The letter is plausible. There are smart kids out there who are up on many issues, especially those which affect their families. Is this kid conversant in every aspect of the issues he writes about? Probably not; he probably knows what he considers to be the correct position. It would however be presuming facts not in evidence to declare that he has no positions of his own, that he is merely parroting his parents.
    Oh, please. There is no way that a 12-year-old wrote that without an adult's input, and given that his parents named his little sister Kennedy (would they have picked Che if it was a boy?), it's obvious that he comes from a family of libs.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    Oh, please. There is no way that a 12-year-old wrote that without an adult's input, and given that his parents named his little sister Kennedy (would they have picked Che if it was a boy?), it's obvious that he comes from a family of libs.
    I think it's reasonable to assume that he has had adult input in the formation of his values, character, and political positions. I home schooled my niece at around that age, and we talked about a great many things including immigration, her Spanish ethnicity, and how some people try to portray my position on immigration as racist. My niece was reading some heavy stuff early on, and I also insisted that she learn Beowulf (with commentary), Scottish history, an objective look at Northern Ireland, a realistic look at Virginia and Plymouth colonies, as well as read Cross Creek (Rawlings) and the incredibly dull River Of Grass (Marjory Stoneman Douglass). She was more than capable of having written that letter. Would my politics and those of her mother and grandmother shine through? Undoubtedly. Perhaps she would write a different letter today. I fully expect that a year from now (she's back in California) she'll need to be deprogrammed.